• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    H.R. 3668, as amended, was adopted and favorably reported to the House of Representatives by a roll call vote of 22 yeas and 13 nays.

No amendments put forth today were in regards to the firearms part of this bill and it seems that the committee members were barred from doing so according to member Lowenthal since those parts are out of the jurisdiction of this committee, however there was more then a few who had their comments heard in opposition to them.

Comments begin at 1:21:00 if you are interested:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There is this going on as well..though I couldn't find it in on any calendar for the mentioned committee.

Urge Your Congressman to Protect Your Hearing!

Click on the Take Action button to urge (Your Rep) to cosponsor and support HR 3139, a bill to remove all
    restrictions on your ability to protect your hearing.

And help GOA stay on the frontlines. Every dollar you contribute to GOA right now will be automatically doubled, thanks to a very generous GOA Life Member!

Not a GOA member yet? You can join Gun Owners of America today for only $20!

Sportsmen's Bill Offers a Vehicle for Deregulating Suppressors

Gun Owners of America has alerted you this year to great legislation in Congress that would protect your ears and hearing while you spend time enjoying your Second Amendment rights.

Today, that effort took a step forward.

A House subcommittee heard testimony on HR 3668 -- a "sportsmen's bill" which, among other things, will make it easier for you to purchase firearms suppressors. The bill also makes a lot of minor corrections to federal gun law.

But the sponsor of this bill -- South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan-- took a major step forward when, earlier this year, he agreed to amend his sportsmen's bill with provisions to protect gun owners' hearing.

He did this by including language that removes suppressors from the licensure requirements of the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA) -- meaning that you could purchase suppressors for your firearms without paying a tax or submitting to a waiting period.

For that, we commend Rep. Duncan.

Now, Congressman Steven King (R-IA) is prepared to take this legislation a step further, offering an amendment to completely remove all federal regulations on suppressors, both under NFA and under the 1968 Act and the Brady law.

This means that you would be able to purchase a suppressor without a background check.

King's amendment is based on his Hearing Protection Act bill (HR 3139).

King's plan is a fantastic idea, because if suppressors are to be removed from the federal licensure requirement, what sense does it make to continue requiring the government's permission to purchase one?

The King amendment would essentially treat suppressors as any firearms accessory (scope, magazine, etc.).

Congressman King is expected to offer his amendment when the sportsmen's bill comes up in committee for a vote on Wednesday.

Obviously, not every congressman will have an opportunity to vote on the King pro-gun amendment this week -- only members of the committee will. The opportunity to vote on the King language in the entire House may come later.

So that's why GOA activists all over the country should begin contacting their congressmen now, in favor of the Hearing Protection Act (HR 3139).

Doing so will help create a "buzz" in favor of the King amendment when it is voted on this week.

And that's why I am urging you to either email your congressman,

Your message is simple. All you need to do is urge (Your Rep) to cosponsor and support the Steve King bill (HR 3139), which removes suppressors from federal firearms regulation.

This will go a long way to showing support for the Steve King amendment when the Committee on Natural Resources takes up the Duncan bill this week.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Watched the comments - most negative (no votes) were idiots. Try to tie (removing ban - what BAN?) AP ammo & LE to defeat the bill. Don't even know US law! Dallas LE want good B.A. as the normal stuff won't stop FMJ 223.
    LE (& buddies) killed open carry here. Wife just got back from a meeting where several state reps are trying to remove Strauss. Yea. Drain the Austin swamp.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Got this in my email from the our favorite angry mother's club... Not sure how true it is or if it's just a pledge drive, but always get a giggle from their fear mongering.

We've got bad news about the NRA's latest self-serving gun bill in Congress:

As soon as NEXT WEEK House Republican leadership will allow a full floor vote on the SHARE Act, a dangerous bill that would strip away safety restrictions and boost gun industry profits by allowing anyone -- including convicted felons and domestic abusers -- to easily purchase gun silencers without a background check.

We're activating our grassroots teams across the country, and unless we can secure the resources we need this week, we risk letting the NRA bully their way through Congress until their bill is sitting on Trump's desk.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Got this in my email from the our favorite angry mother's club... Not sure how true it is or if it's just a pledge drive, but always get a giggle from their fear mongering.
    Silencers (Suppressors to those that actually know what they are) are so much deadlier then kitchen knives. I guess now instead of "guns kill people" the new theme will be "silencers kill people".

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Couldn't see anything on their site about it when clicking on that...

but did see this... "nobody is coming after your guns" is what some of them have told me:
    https://store.everytown.org/collections/apparel/products/disarm-hate-tee-1

maybe they see something different, but I see a call to disarm

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Gummi Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    The movies also have bottomless magazines, I need some of those.

I've been wanting one of those 22 shot revolvers from the cowboy movies I watched as a kid.

Let me know when you run across one of those too!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Never let a crisis goto waste...
    Screen-Shot-2017-10-02-at-9.25.33-AM-600x195.png

Top Bottom