Heat shield for my Mav 88

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by Maverick88, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Maverick88

Maverick88 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Texas
    I want to everyone's thoughts on the ATI heat shield or any other heat shield that's compatible. I was thinking about getting one for my Mav 88.:confused:

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    There isn't much purpose to a heat shield, they are mostly for looks. The old trench guns had them so you could grab the entire gun when you were sticking a German with the bayonet.

The ATI stuff seems to fit alright. We have a bunch of their stocks at work.

3. Maverick88

Maverick88 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks for the info. I figured they were mainly for looks. Still undecided if I want to use one or not. Prob gonna get one from Moss directly. I don't think that I will be sticking anyone with my bayonet.:rofl:

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Sure ... you say that now :lolz:

5. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I feel a strong urge for a trench gun with a bayonet now. Thanks!:lolz: My wife is gonna kill me when I weld a bayonet holder on to a shotgun.

6. Jeff-Tex

Jeff-Tex Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    You don't need one for home defense, hopefully you wont need to shoot enough rounds to get the barrel that hot. If you got some land to shoot on and plan on shooting a 100+ rounds, you'll be glad you got one. If your barrel is 20+ inches, make sure you get one with the spacer or it will jump around and scratch your barrel.

7. Major Woody

Major Woody Active Member

Sep 12, 2008