Lynx Defense

Heating with wood? EPA just outlawed most wood stoves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I wonder if rocket-stoves pass the standards since they burn so clean? Even if they don't, it's a good thing they're so easy to make. Be a bad American- make a black-market stove!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm pretty sure Alaska will push back on this. Wood burning stoves are a staple of living up there for a large percentage of the state and without them a number of people would die from exposure.

Anyone consider the people who will be most affected by this tend to live in parts of the country with the cleanest air?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    This raises all sorts of issues such as if EPA agents will join the "Revenooers" hunting for illegal stills (is that a clean burning stove you got there boy?) or no more Scotch Whiskey because distilleries can't char the interior of oak casks with peat? Oh the humanity!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    how the hell would they enforce that.the federal government keeps over stepping their bounds. eventually something will have to be done to stop it

Easily. They (the government) go after the manufactures much like they do any other industry. They make their money by levying fines, taxes and regulation. The little common man can do nothing when the product is not available. The machine continues until there is no industry left to consume.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Easily. They (the government) go after the manufactures much like they do any other industry. They make their money by levying fines, taxes and regulation. The little common man can do nothing when the product is not available. The machine continues until there is no industry left to consume.

On the video, the one county hired 60 inspectors to track down and take pictures of chimneys emitting smoke. They would later be notified and/or fined for it.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    On the video, the one county hired 60 inspectors to track down and take pictures of chimneys emitting smoke. They would later be notified and/or fined for it.

Sweet! They'll start doing No-Knocks "STOP!" **BOOM**BOOM_BOOM** "RESISTING!"**BOOM BOOM BOOM!**

Here's their guy that is going to clean up that county! A Libtard attorney with a poly-sci edu.

Craig Kenworthy | LinkedIn

Time to move.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Hmm, the ONLY source of heat in my house is an old wood burning Earthstove and a fireplace. Oh well, I guess if "they" don't want me use it THEY can pay to put central heat in my house, all 2500 sq ft of it.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have to deal with gov't agencies on environmental regulations every day. There have been rules in place in certain parts of the country regarding wood stoves for quite a while and these are now being expanded.

Texas formally informed the EPA a long time ago that under no circumstances would it enforce regulations against BBQ pits. However, EPA has the ability to do things like withhold money for highway projects and such for any state that does not comply with any of their regulations. What happens if there's a financial squeeze on Austin? Who knows.

The Greenhouse Gas rules are far more dangerous to the Texas economy than anything else. A few months back, EPA used their supposed authority to refuse the permit for a plant in Corpus Christi that was going to burn petroleum coke to generate electricity. Carbon dioxide is NOT regulated under the Clean Air Act, but EPA used a provision designed to control toxic chemical emissions to declare the (alleged) global warming (allegedly) caused by carbon dioxide to be toxic to human life. Thus far the courts have let this stand. What this means is that EPA can control things without being controlled by Congress. Everyone should be afraid of ANY part of the government operating without public control.

Look at your summer electric bill. If all of the Greenhouse Gas rules are implemented, that bill will triple. I'm not kidding. Why would they do that? First, they think they need to control everything and everybody. Second, they think the public has been made afraid of Global Warming to such a degree that no one will stand in their way. And lastly, the rules will implement a tax on carbon emissions. There is NOTHING the government likes more than a means of extracting money from the public for their own pleasure.

Last week, the FDA outlawed trans fats from foods. An article in the paper today quotes them as saying that sodium (salt) and sugar would be their next targets. One of the excuses will be that in order to keep the cost of Obamacare down, the gov't has to make us healthier. It's really about control, not health, but the idiots that voted for Obama will be cheering this stuff on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom