Patriot Mobile

Heating with wood? EPA just outlawed most wood stoves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Not only Alaska, there are more than a few poor here who use wood to heat Oct through April. They rely on donations or come and get it wood.

Never intended to imply that it only affected those in Alaska...just that it affects a greater percentage of people there in comparison to the rest of the US and the probability of death is much higher. This certainly affects people all over the US.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I will not comply. In fact... since they are going after the manufacturing, I'll openly build "banned" stoves for anyone who will pay me to make one. Probably won't be as cost effective as the ones from China, tho :p

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I lived in Tulsa where it's very common to heat with wood. Most upscale apartments and homes have wood burners and selling firewood is a booming business.

I knew winter was coming so I cut wood during the summer. There's a ton of building around Tulsa and they generally bulldose all of the building site trees. They aren't allowed to burn the brush piles so I'd go out and cut the wood for free. Builders were glad to get rid of the wood and I never had trouble coming in to get the wood. It would be 100 degrees out and I'd be cutting firewood!

I had a "Heatalator" in my fireplace which the fire heated then an air blower blew the warm air out into the room.

So....it's illegal, now? That's gonna chap a LOT of people!

Flash

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So....it's illegal, now?
    No.

The EPA has set standards for particulate emissions from new stoves so high that most manufacturers have little or no salable product in their catalog. Some stove manufacturers will adapt. Some will go out of business. People looking to buy a new one or get an old one fixed will wind up paying higher (possibly much higher) prices.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So it's a de-facto ban. Make the stoves illegal then folks can't burn wood. Fireplaces are awfully inefficient. What about them?

Incidentally, the air tight firebox stoves work great! You set the air intake down and the fire will just simmer all night. They set them up on firebricks and they make a lot of heat with pretty fair efficiency.

Flash

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    If you can't ban the activity. Ban the devices used. Just like ammo, they couldn't ban ammo, but they could make the components hard to get. It accomplishes the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    saw this thread a couple days ago. too dumbfounded to comment at that time. The EPA has basically put our buisness out of buisness by over the top on coal fired power plant emissions. Now this. A total lack of accountability for the common man/woman in the USA. They're sitting there in the cesspool of DC, spewing shit laws like they just drank a case of pabts blue ribbon after eating a dozen picked eggs.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    saw this thread a couple days ago. too dumbfounded to comment at that time. The EPA has basically put our buisness out of buisness by over the top on coal fired power plant emissions. Now this. A total lack of accountability for the common man/woman in the USA. They're sitting there in the cesspool of DC, spewing shit laws like they just drank a case of pabts blue ribbon after eating a dozen picked eggs.

I think we get your point already. :laughing::beat:

Top Bottom