DK Firearms

Heating with wood? EPA just outlawed most wood stoves.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    We had a Lange stove in the house when I was a kid. We got it in the '70s when there weren't any regulations. The first night we had it, my Dad got it so hot it almost started chugging like locomotive. If I recall, there were some baffles in it and two vents aligned vertically in the door. I'm guessing the baffles distributed the heat more evenly, and the vents controlled the draw. The chimney was on the other side of the stove from the door.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Have you ever thought about the fact that these clowns in the EPA and other government groups hide behind the department and are never identified? Wouldn't you like know the names of the almighty unelected fools that come up with these ideas?
    Exactly... We need to keep in mind that The Government™ is a collection of individuals. Most of which are unelected bureaucrats who got their positions through cronyism and nepotism. We need to start holding these individuals accountable.

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    So major corporations can buy credits so they can continue to pollute our air and not comply with new standards, yet we average citizens can’t.
    They made car manufactures add all the pollution controls on new cars. Did that change anything? Well yes it did. Did the pollution go away? No it didn’t. all it did was make a visible pollution “invisible” You can’t see it but it’s still there. So now all those people using a time tested reliable heat source are forced to use the more recent fossil fuels that pollute even more. Nice move there ass holes!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I can see the day the EPA BANS FLATULENCE. (who knows maybe breathing too)
    Look for it soon:

The EPA declared CO2, (you know the stuff you breathe out) a pollutant. And you ain't seen nothing yet. Coming down the road before Obama leaves office (if he does) they will declare water a hazardous substance, the result will be they will declare the Fed GOVT owns all the water in the US under and above ground. Think its finished. If Obama gets his way with the Surgeon General he wants to appoint, he will declare guns are harmful to your health, thus the Feds will be able to totally control guns just like they do narcotics...

Its tyranny by any measure....

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Exactly... We need to keep in mind that The Government™ is a collection of individuals. Most of which are unelected bureaucrats who got their positions through cronyism and nepotism. We need to start holding these individuals accountable.

Not a bad idea. I'm assuming that since they work for Govt that there will be a public record somewhere. It's time to start releasing their info to the public like they try to do with gun owners.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom