• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    I have a Remington 700 Long Range in 300 RUM. It resides in the HS stock that it came with.
    As crazy as this might seemIm thinking on rebarreling to 338 Edge. The stock would likely work ok, but I was wondering if there are options or mods that might work better? Might be that the 338 recoil is actually less? ..But i doubt it.
    Any suggestions??
    Guns International

Blanco

Conspiracy Theorist and Custom foil hat builder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2017
    North Richland Hills, Tx.
    stock design has a lot to do with how recoil is tranmitted to your body!
    This is kinda what I was getting on about. Maybe different types, styles, designs that might work better with a pyledriver.
    I understand about weight and recoil pads etc. Not the biggest fan of muzzle brakes but I do have a few.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    You might want to look at a 'Limb-Saver' recoil pad.
    Put one on my AR-10, and it works well compared to even a waffle pattern rubber butt pad.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    You might want to look at a 'Limb-Saver' recoil pad.
    Put one on my AR-10, and it works well compared to even a waffle pattern rubber butt pad.
    You need a limb saver on an ar10? I remember shooting one handed from a chair while I tuned the gas block. It did have a brake on it though.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Yes, because I took the brake off, in favor of a flash hider, and I'm kind of skinny, because I don't consume my own body weight in brisket & bear every week. (been trying to loose a few pounds, as I no longer fit into the leathers I wore back in '76)
    Trading out the brake was a rude awakening...The body fat just sneaked up on me the last 20 years.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    LoL!
    I weighed 125 when I was racing flat track back then, now at 145, and can't quite zip up the old leathers anymore, and am mid-project building a mini-drag bike that should do over 100 in the quarter.

DSC03707a.jpg

Winter indoor race in Minneapolis National Guard Armory, somewhere around 1977

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Manners EH1 does well. I have a 300 Norma Mag Improved and the recoil is very manageable, even at the bench and no brake.

That said, a good brake is invaluable. I use a TiPro3 from Salmon River Solutions and the amount of recoil mitigation is impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

safestuffer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2023
    Washington state
    I have a .300 winmag M70 Stainless classic I won't shoot. Sucks. Kicks like Mike Tyson punched your shoulder.
    I also have a .375 H&H mag that I love shooting, a Ruger No. 1. Its got a limbsaver pad on it, and I think thats the difference.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    As others have said, good muzzle brake will certainly help. If you just don't like brakes, you might consider the other end of the equation and look at a R.A.D. device. They ain't cheap, and you have to inlet the butt stock, but the hydraulic recoil absorption, especially with a pad intended for shotguns (like a Trapdude pad) will turn that recoil punch into a heavy marshmallow push!

Top Bottom