• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    HEB is posting 30.07 signs in every store.

Please go to HEB's web page, go to the bottom, click on Contact Us and leave them a message letting them know this is disappointing and will cause you to move your business elsewhere.

Even if you don't plan to OC, please help send the message to HEB, a Texas company, that abridging Texas citizen's rights isn't acceptable behavior.

NICELY. CALMLY. RATIONALLY.
    DK Firearms

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    HEB is posting 30.07 signs in every store.

Please go to HEB's web page, go to the bottom, click on Contact Us and leave them a message letting them know this is disappointing and will cause you to move your business elsewhere.

Even if you don't plan to OC, please help send the message to HEB, a Texas company, that abridging Texas citizen's rights isn't acceptable behavior.

NICELY. CALMLY. RATIONALLY.

Will do when I get home.
    Got a link for this information? I've heard about a couple but not companywide.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Will do when I get home.
    Got a link for this information? I've heard about a couple but not companywide.

All of them are popping up on Texas30.06, and the pictures indicate they had new "combined" TABC + 30.07 signs made for every store (a corporate initiative). They're compliant, HUGE, and include things like their "we take VISA, MC, AMEX" as well as everything else. E.g. not something custom per-store, something meant to replace the current signage at every store.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    I personally have no interest in OC, anywhere, but I will write an email for you, I am sure some will want to.

That said I believe private property rights trump our carry rights. People should be able to decide what takes place on their property. If an email will help them change their mind, so be it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I personally have no interest in OC, anywhere, but I will write an email for you, I am sure some will want to.

That said I believe private property rights trump our carry rights. People should be able to decide what takes place on their property. If an email will help them change their mind, so be it.

I'll also write an email to HEB .......................... but, I agree with the personal property rights thing (and I don't usually agree with bedee!)

Last edited:

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    What is 30.07?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Here you go. Texas_Penal_Code_30.07-White.jpg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    When Alamo Drafthouse started posting 30.06 a few years ago, it was a polite email campaign that got them to change their policy. I scanned receipts for what we spent there the previous month, and suggested that they go back a year and see what they stood to lose. A bunch of other people I know did the same. The margins are tight in the movie theater business, and even tighter in the grocery business.

If everyone who emails them sends a copy of their last month's grocery bill, it will put a hard number to your complaints.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    If someone could post a draft of a letter they sent to HEB, we could tailor it to our own circumstances. I will post a draft of my letter when it is done.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Here is what i wrote: (There is a hard character limit on this site)
    https://www.heb.com/contact-us

It has come to my attention that HEB has made a corporate decision to post 30.07 signage at each of their locations. Many of those who fought so hard to make open carry legal in this state are also loyal HEB shoppers. I spend upwards of $300 a month at HEB and hope that you will reconsider.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    That character limit in the Contact Us form is really a bummer.

Here's what I sent:

I hope that HEB Corporate will reconsider their decision to post 30.07 signage - which prohibits the legal and licensed open carry of firearms - at all their locations. As a CHL holder, I have no interest in openly carrying my handgun, but it is our right and I can not support a business that does not support that right.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My note ...

I was disappointed to learn that HEB stores are posting signage prohibiting the open carry of firearms by individuals licensed by the TDPS.
    Kroger has opened across the street and not discriminating against law abiding citizens.

I used the store specific feedback link.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That character limit sucks... Sent:
    I've recently noticed that many of your locations are posting 30.07 signs barring open carry. I am very disappointed that you are excluding people based on how they choose to wear a firearm. Normally I spend about $400 a month on groceries, but I will no longer be shopping at your stores.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It has come to my attention that HEB has made a corporate decision to post 30.07 signage at each of their locations. I am a loyal HEB shopper when down at the ranch. Please reconsider your decision. My concealed handgun has shopped at HEB stores many times and is equally safe open or concealed.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I called their 800 number and expressed my displeasure. My basic points were that the law hasn't even gone into effect and they are taking this stance, not even waiting to see if any issues will come up. Also how much I spend there each week (which is a ridiculous amount), and maybe Walmart would rather have my business, seeing as they have not put up any signs yet as far as I know.

The lady I spoke to said that the 30.07 signs were due to the fact that HEB sells alcohol and to keep with TABC guidelines. This can't be correct, and I pretty much told her that that the OC law should not conflict with TABC and alcohol sold in gas stations, grocery stores, liquor stores, only bars (51%) like CC.

Top Bottom