• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This is weird. Both Whole Foods and First Watch we go to have written stuff on the sides of the entrances but none of the "signs". No guns allowed, period. Who takes the time to read all the stuff on glass as you enter a store ? But as I once understood it, all that writing is legit just like your inlaws and outlaws writing on cardboard on their front door meant just for you.
    Whole Foods is pretty well known for being hostile to carrying weapons. I'm surprised they don't have a properly printed and posted sign at your location. They're usually .06 and .07 posted and probably have .05 signs now.
    DK Firearms

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Whole Foods is pretty well known for being hostile to carrying weapons. I'm surprised they don't have a properly printed and posted sign at your location. They're usually .06 and .07 posted and probably have .05 signs now.
    We go every Sunday and nada signs. I'll pay extra attention next time.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    As a European fairly new to Texas, what do I need to know about these signs?

Well, are you licensed to carry a pistol? Or do you carry without a license?

If the answer to both is "no", then the signs don't apply to you.

If the answer to the first question is "yes", a 30.07 sign prohibits open carry on the premises. A 30.06 prohibits concealed carry on the premises. If both signs are posted, they prohibit all carry for licensed carriers.

If the answer to the second question is "yes", then 30.05 signage applies to you, and it wasn't specified in the law like the other signs were, so there's a good chance that any "no guns" signage would apply to you.

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    Well, are you licensed to carry a pistol? Or do you carry without a license?

If the answer to both is "no", then the signs don't apply to you.

If the answer to the first question is "yes", a 30.07 sign prohibits open carry on the premises. A 30.06 prohibits concealed carry on the premises. If both signs are posted, they prohibit all carry for licensed carriers.

If the answer to the second question is "yes", then 30.05 signage applies to you, and it wasn't specified in the law like the other signs were, so there's a good chance that any "no guns" signage would apply to you.
    Understood and no, I don't have my LTC yet.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Understood and no, I don't have my LTC yet.

It's always good to get educated on things like this that are touched on at your class. There are a lot of good resources online put out by the state, and a lot of good discussions right here in the forum. I'm sure a search for "30.06" or "signage" would turn up hours or entertaining reading.

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    It's always good to get educated on things like this that are touched on at your class. There are a lot of good resources online put out by the state, and a lot of good discussions right here in the forum. I'm sure a search for "30.06" or "signage" would turn up hours or entertaining reading.
    I agree and I will. I have plenty of training with firearms from my time in the military but not being a US citizen and growing up in a different culture where outside of farmers or the occasional hunter guns are basically non-existent I don't always know what's acceptable and what isn't. Especially being in Austin with all the liberal hyper offended snowflakes.

The LTC will be useful when traveling to other states too.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I agree and I will. I have plenty of training with firearms from my time in the military but not being a US citizen and growing up in a different culture where outside of farmers or the occasional hunter guns are basically non-existent I don't always know what's acceptable and what isn't. Especially being in Austin with all the liberal hyper offended snowflakes.

The LTC will be useful when traveling to other states too.

In Austin you never can tell...I've avoided actually entering Austin for years now, even when I was going down there regularly to visit my parents in Hays County.

Rhineland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2024
    Austin, Texas
    In Austin you never can tell...I've avoided actually entering Austin for years now, even when I was going down there regularly to visit my parents in Hays County.
    I had some lunatic take his shirt off at a gas station in the middle of the day in downtown Austin whilst my very young kids were in the car and rush at me like he was going to assault me. Got back in the car and left. Since then I keep a gun in the car. It's like mental illness, progressive ideology, drugs, and bad ideas are all interconnected.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As a European fairly new to Texas, what do I need to know about these signs?
    Concealed is concealed. If an employee of a store tells/asks you to leave don't even bother asking why, just leave without a fuss. If law enforcement wants to question you very politely decline to offer any information.
    not being a US citizen and growing up in a different culture
    Yeah I find many Europeans still behave like they are subjects. Stop it.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Just checked out the new HEB in Allen. It has 30.05 posted on both sides of every entry point open to the public. 1 inch contrasting block letters, Spanish and English, clearly visible, with no obstructions. No other signage.

Top Bottom