• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I pocket carry a bg380 everywhere. I can even carry with gym shorts with this thing. When I want something bigger I have an XD-e. As you may notice, both guns have double action triggers which is usually a must for me for carry. Problem is the xd-e is slim but long and hard to conceal anywhere where I don't look lopsided.

I was just perusing the gun counter for a revolver for my parents and decided to give both the hellcat and p365 a hold.

HOLY shit the hellcat feel like a warm bed at home to me. But striker fired and no safety. The p365 has a safety, but it didn't feel as good in my hand. It was a little narrow. I did a quick look at problems with each and immediately saw the MIM firing pin in the 365 so I'm out unless the collective can convince me different the hellcat wins.

So what would y'all get and why?
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Easy for me. The Hellcat, because that’s what I carry. With the new 15 round mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    To each their own. I thought the hellcats trigger was terrible. 365 felt awesome with extended base plates and it’s flat trigger. Way better trigger on the 365.
    So I have 2 xdm's, an xd and an xde. Is it any different from a normal springfield trigger?

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I went from g30s to g19 to g43 to g43x to the Hellcat. I will say it’s a bit snappy for a 9mm but the look at its size and weight. But the fact that it came with an 11 and 13 round mag from the factory was a plus. And you have 3 different options as far as no red dot, an rmr cutout from factory with the cover plate, or with an rmr and a compensator from the factory is a nice touch. I chose the middle option and put a Romeo zero on mine. One word of warning/caution on the Romeo zero is I had to have a gunsmith modify the metal cover plate that comes with the Romeo zero. There are two little post on the top of the slide that had to have holes drilled into the mounting plate and the screw length for the rmr has to be at e certain max length. The hex wasp works well with the gun. And it has to be a mini rmr like the wasp or Romeo zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    most that have shot them side by side will say one shoots way better than the other

also, the P365 doesn’t have to come with the external safety lever (mine doesn’t)

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    most that have shot them side by side will say one shoots way better than the other

also, the P365 doesn’t have to come with the external safety lever (mine doesn’t)
    which? The counter guy said he preferred the 365 as it was smoother.

I also carry a 642 airweight with +p and had a shield in .40 so one being a little snappier shouldn't bother me.

I preferred the fatter grip of the hellcat on first impressions

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    So I have 2 xdm's, an xd and an xde. Is it any different from a normal springfield trigger?
    My old carry gun was an xds 9mm. Trigger on the hellcat is extremely similar. I loved the xds’s ability to hide but hated the trigger. I still have my xd mod2 and it’s trigger is nice. The sig felt similar to the mod2 except the mod2 breaks nicer. Still the 365 was night and day better than the hellcat. Not as nice as my steyr m9 but similar.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …HOLY shit the hellcat feel like a warm bed at home to me. But striker fired and no safety…
    If you stick your hand in your pants a lot, you might shoot your dick off.

Having said that, I don’t fret over a safety on any DAO or striker gun. I also don’t do pocket carry, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Can you rent both? I carry a 365. The only time I thought it was snappy I had loaded a mag with +p+. Hogue makes a grip sleeve if you find you like the sig.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Shoot what you like, The hellcat is fine, theres no such thing as a “snappy” sub, the 365 is a much better pistol, again, shoot what you like.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Obviously best to try both if you can rent. Sig 365 doesn't have a trigger safety (external available) and therefore I would think even for pocket carry you must have a holster. Hellcat had some trigger problems in that a sideways push of the trigger kept it from firing. I don't know if that has been worked out. I would want a holster for pocket carry if that's an option for you.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I've been watching videos. I like the trigger on the 365 better how it breaks further fwd vs all the back on the hellcat. The MIM firing pin the 365 really turned me off but I found steel replacements.

The hellcat feels better to me and I like the sights, but the Sig has a lot going for it too. I need to find a range to rent them I guess.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Obviously best to try both if you can rent. Sig 365 doesn't have a trigger safety (external available) and therefore I would think even for pocket carry you must have a holster. Hellcat had some trigger problems in that a sideways push of the trigger kept it from firing. I don't know if that has been worked out. I would want a holster for pocket carry if that's an option for you.
    I carry in a sticky holster when in the pocket and either a kydex iwb.

My bg380 has a safety that I've trained into flicking down while I draw. I like the 365 has one as well. I like a safety on my carry guns. I mean being real, the chances of an accident is probably higher than running into a bad guy.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have 2 P365's, one with safety and one without. I really like the way they shoot. I almost bought a Hellcat a couple of weeks ago, but then I decided to invest in more ammo instead.
    There's a lot of good reviews of both on the interwebs, but it just comes down to personal preference.
    The one advantage on the Hellcat is that it's base magazine holds one more round than the P365.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom