• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Hello everyone. I have recently started a Meetup.com group for collectors. Historical Firearms Collectors of Austin (Austin, TX) - Meetup I'm hoping it will be a good way to get this specific subset of gun owners together. Also, I'm hoping to shoot some cool rifles I don't already own. Even if you are not a collector or even if you don't own a milsurp but just want to shoot some and learn about old rifles and history you should join too. I will use this thread to keep you all updated on upcoming events.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully we will get to shoot some cool old rifles.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    March 1st we are having a meet up at Best of the West. Hopefully some cool milsurps will be there. Check out the link in the first post for more info.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    With Hicksville coming up, I'll have to sit out of this one too. :(

No problem. There will be more in the future. Basically, I go shooting once a month and will try to keep the events going with that regularity. If you want to suggest a date/ range that works good for you I am very open to suggestions. The group is just starting out.

ag1052

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Id be interested in going next time yall meetup. I just got my first rifle today, so Im new to all of this but Id love to check out some of yall's guns.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    French rifles?
    did y'all fire them once, drop them on the ground, and run away screaming SACRE BLEU! LE BOCHE! :roflfunny:

Last edited:

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Id be interested in going next time yall meetup. I just got my first rifle today, so Im new to all of this but Id love to check out some of yall's guns.

check out our group site http://www.meetup.com/Historical-Firearms-Collectors-of-Austin/
    or just keep an eye on this thread. I hope to do at least one meet a month and to keep them themed but all milsurps are welcome. You will certainly learn a lot about your rifle and any other that show up. I know that I do.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Top Bottom