• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chivo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2015
    New here in TX 6 months now, I live in east Houston been to a few gun shows and ranges. Have a few questions hope someone can answer.

1) Are there there any outdoor ranges near east Houston? Or moving target like discs or something mobile I don't want to hunt just want to see if I have true accuracy anyone can shoot still paper at 60ft. Want to see some type of interaction of a hit to feel satisfied then I'd shoot for a few hours.

2) I want to buy H&K guns (or as close as I can get clones) but have trouble finding (in person not gunbroker/online I want to see before paying) I'm looking for MP5, MK.23, G36c, etc. (semi versions of course)

3) My father bought a 38 revolver he wants a semi-auto version but a man at a gun shop told him there dangerous and can blow up while firing. True?

4) Can someone explain the legal way to carry a gun in the trunk of your vehicle? I heard your Magz have to be empty I use to preload them to make the experience quick walk in pay shoot leave 10 minutes I don't plan on using a full hour ever. Now I'm scared about what else I might unknowingly be doing wrong.

I have much to learn & much much more to buy.

Thanks for reading!

The dream is a M1 soon. Just got a Thompson next is M1. Love WW2 guns heavy carrying load and even heavier hitting.

Editing for a spelling error I'm not perfect.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    1) Are there there any outdoor ranges near east Huston?

Where is Huston? I can't find that city in Texas. :)

2) I want to buy H&K guns (or as close as I can get clones) but have trouble finding (in person not gunbroker/online I want to see before paying) I'm looking for MP5, MK.23, G36c, etc. (semi versions of course)

Start at your local gun store. When the gun show comes back, head down!

3) My father bought a 38 revolver he wants a semi-auto version but a man at a gun shop told him there dangerous and can blow up while firing. True?

Semi-automatic revolvers are incredibly dangerous. I'd definitely stay away.

4) Can someone explain the legal way to carry a gun in the trunk of your vehicle? I heard your Magz have to be empty I use to preload them to make the experience quick walk in pay shoot leave 10 minutes I don't plan on using a full hour ever. Now I'm scared about what else I might unknowingly be doing wrong.

Why carry in your trunk?

Why are you shooting so fast?

Why are you not bringing more ammo?

Have you obtained your CHL? That class is a good start as to what's legal and what's not... especially with open carry coming up soon.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    there are only a few . 38 semis that have been made. mostly for target shooting and in 38 mid range wadcutter which is not popular today. also .38 amu which was a wildcat cartridge and the old 38 auto from the early 1900s.

that said, coonan makes a true .357 1911 that may run 38 special but I don't know . there is also some 357 sig call you cartridge guns which are a bottleneecked round with similar ballistics to 357 magnum.

safety wise, you can blow up any gun with improper ammo and there have been cases of that with early 38 autos shooting modern or wrong ammo even though it cfis.

there is also the 38 super which gamers used to load real hot and get 38 superface from gas blowback.

38 ssuper was developed by colt to penatrate car doors and body armor in 1929. that led to the development of the 357 s&w magnum in the 30s.

Chivo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2015
    (Don't live in Houston, new to the area, so yea miss spelled it that 69 guy very smug.)

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Chivo

One, do you understand the English language as a a first, or, second language? If first, please, please, treat it as such and please paragraph and sentence properly.

If second, well,.. It's really effing hard to read

Chivo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2015
    Mreed911: Don't have a CHL yet don't own a handgun personal yet just rifles lol.

Looked at every shop near me and been to 2/3 gun shows seen many H&K pistol but never Mk .23 I ask they say "don't have" and Seen many MP5 and G36c on gb.com but there not the same caliber as the originals or there not true H&K stamped guns a g3ka4 I seen on a Century arms box at a show was .308 the original is 7.62 nato... The salesman said to me "oh your a collector" when I pointed a few flaws with the copy version compared to the real deal version. So I guess I'm in that category of buyers.

Thanks for the info on 38 army 1911 love to hear history of how things came to be.

Thanks for reading

Chivo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2015
    I'm typing on a phone for a few moments I'm busy doing everyday things. Sorry if I mis-spell or have run on sentences I don't have the time to spell check or put punctuations.

If your having trouble read I'm sorry, please pass on putting input on my subject.

If you want to speak down on me about the specifics of names and terms for weapons please join the army. Put all that knowledge to a real world application (we need people like you!!)Don't waste time typing it to someone that doesn't care about the politically correct terms are. You understood what I said and that's all that matters to me. M1 shoot clips AR shoots mags I said clip and you knew what I meant...

Always what is it with people so hostile talking about guns. I just came here because someone in a smithing post told me too he was very kind. I didn't want to because of hostilities of being correct about terms and now I feel I shouldn't have.

Sometimes I type clips on purpose just to see if the person I'm talking to is kind everyone in that post was didn't correct me.

That's when they know to themselves it doesn't matter what you call it unless you on a radio calling for a medevac and resupply in south east Asia.... Then you better say the right terms!!
    FYI my father a Vietnam veteran.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you take the time, there is a Houston gun range thread. I'm sure some are outdoor.
    Might try things a might slower. Ya pick up things at 60 you miss at 100mph.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If anything, you should spend more time at the range to build your skills. Accuracy, marksmanship, different distances, tight groups - things that take focus.

Take a CHL course to learn the basics of the laws.

Start with one gun you like, master it and go from there.

An unloaded gun in your trunk is worthless when you need it and you can already likely legally carry it in your car up front.

There's nothing wrong with aspirational guns - something to work for. They're even more fun when you have the skills to shoot the hell out of them.

And your attitude? Check it. Folks here can be helpful, but not if they're watching you play helicopter with your johnson in every thread. Calm down, focus on writing clearly, ask questions and listen to advice... comment on many fewer threads than you read.

Welcome to TGT.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Welcome to the forum. I highly recommend you post using a computer. I understand you're on a phone and it's tough to get it all correct, but you won't make friends or get much help by making folks on here read your posts two or three times just try to understand what you're trying to say. Ease up a little and things will go better. And, of course, COMMAS, USE SOME COMMAS! :green:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    New here in TX 6 months now, I live in east Houston been to a few gun shows and ranges. Have a few questions hope someone can answer.

1) Are there there any outdoor ranges near east Houston? Or moving target like discs or something mobile I don't want to hunt just want to see if I have true accuracy anyone can shoot still paper at 60ft. Want to see some type of interaction of a hit to feel satisfied then I'd shoot for a few hours.

I have much to learn & much much more to buy.

Thanks for reading!

The dream is a M1 soon. Just got a Thompson next is M1. Love WW2 guns heavy carrying load and even heavier hitting.

Editing for a spelling error I'm not perfect.

Answers to:

1. Can't help, I'm no where near Houston.
    2. H&K doesn't like the civilian market, especially the American one. Their guns (the ones you are interested in) are hard to import, hard to find, and if you do, usually are ridiculous in price.

3. Do you mean a .380ACP semi automatic? That is the only .38 caliber semi auto I'm familiar with on today's market. Others are meant to stay in a revolver.

4. Texas is nothing like Chicago in gun laws (thankfully). If you can legally own a gun, then you can keep that gun wherever you like in your vehicle, in any condition (loaded, chambered, empty, mag sitting with gun, etc. ANY) as long as it is out of plain sight from outside the vehicle. There are places you cannot drive through without a CHL, like anyone school's zone (federal law) so you might be mindful of where your driving. The condition of the weapon plays no part in this. So your trunk would definitely apply. Although, if you should ever need it, it being in the trunk is kinda pointless, yes?

As far as for the rest of the thread... I saw nothing wrong with your initial post or the need to jump down your throat. You introduced yourself, correctly and asked a question. That's exactly why we're here. But for future reference

It's the Internet, grow thicker skin (there are grammar Nazis everywhere, but you could try a little, first impressions are lasting).

Calling a part an incorrect part, whether we knew what you meant or not, is still calling it an incorrect part. It's the difference between knowing what something is, and not. Defending that mistake and stating you do it on purpose and judge another by trying to be informative in giving you the correct term is not going to make friends here. Why it's such a big deal? I don't know, probably because of the media bias and gun owners constantly being forced to correct others that don't know. I understand it's habit, but it's still wrong. Just like calling a cartridge a bullet, etc.

Last edited:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I seen on a Century arms box at a show was .308 the original is 7.62 nato...

7.62 NATO and .308 are often interchangeable in today's firearms. You want .308 stamped because it can handle both cartridges. Unless you are going for authentic original for collection, which you'll likely have a hard time finding or importing or paying for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom