• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2021
    St. Louis
    I have a SCCY CPX1 that I have had since Sep 2020. I have only managed to fire around 50 rounds down range simply because the weapon feels like it is about to explode in my hand when I fire it. I have experienced recoil wit a weapon and I am no novice. As an Army veteran I am an experienced shooter and qualified expert on every weapon I fired with exception of the M60 machine gun. My problem with this weapon, and I may be overthinking it but my trigger finger after 5 mags was actually bruised because of the recoil and shootability of the weapon. Also, the palm space between the trigger finger and thumb takes a beating with this weapon also. I don’t consider my self to be a softer by any means and my hands are quite tough. It just seems to me that it could be so much easier to shoot because it really is a nice weapon for the price. Maybe it’s just me. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to improve it?? Please help!!
    Guns International

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Welcome.
    Small, light, polymer pistols will do that to you. Others will chime in and help you out (some will even tell you to buy a 1911) :)

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    Not every gun will fit every person. It just might not be the best option for you. But, one thing you can try and this is assuming you were shooting 115g ammunition, is to try some 147g. The heavier load tends to push back instead of snapping up like typical 115g does. It might make it a bit easier to handle.

Just Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2021
    St. Louis
    Not every gun will fit every person. It just might not be the best option for you. But, one thing you can try and this is assuming you were shooting 115g ammunition, is to try some 147g. The heavier load tends to push back instead of snapping up like typical 115g does. It might make it a bit easier to handle.
    Appreciate that Tex1961!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    As noted, that's a common issue with light guns.

Your best remedy:

8-2020.JPG

Just Ed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2021
    St. Louis
    Will do this also 147 gr kinda hard to get a hold of these days

Top Bottom