• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Hey guys, my name is Chris. Im from Grapevine, married with 3 kids. Have always owned guns, but didnt have them in my house due to kids. After recent break-ins in our neighborhood, I have since gotten back into hand guns and spend alot of spare time at the DFW gun club. My first purchase was a Glock 17 9mm, which I quickly became quite proficient with but wanted more stopping power, so I purchaced a Kimber Custom II .45acp and a Kimber SIS .45 ACP.

All are a little to large for conceal or to keep in the car, so I am looking for another more compact. I would welcome any suggestions.
    Hurley's Gold

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Dang, you bought 2?

You can make them work in the car. A 3" 1911 might be little easier, but that depends on where you have to store it in the car.

Doh, this is an intro thread!! :p

What made you come over here? Don't you have enough to keep up with at Tony Romo Fan Site Oh well, welcome anyway.

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    HOWDY and welcome, Chris!

great choice, them Kimbers.

BTW, I am a pretty big dude, and can tote them 1911s undercover real well. just watch how you dress. I swear by the .45ACP!

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a buddy who has Kimbers and got me hooked. I only paid $675 for the Custom II the SIS was $1250. I looked at the Ultra Carry II and its probably my next purchase but, my wife is not happy about the amount of money I have been laying out on guns and ammo the last 6 months. S&W.40 Sigma is a decent gun at a great price. I just dont want to jump out there too quick. The SIS is my baby right now.

Oh, and thanks for the notice about the Romo site. Its been a project I agreed to do for a couple of years for a buddy of mine and its mainly a bunch of posts of me talking to myself. Got kinda bored this year when there wasnt a whole lot to talk about. Last year Romo would pop on himself, this year he was on the down low...cant imagine why

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Besides, you're still saving for that new watch right?

No smart ass, since I agreed to not buy the custom when the SIS cought my eye and they charged my card and got them both.
    Remember...I cant get a CHL, but we agreed the Castle doctrine would allow me to carry in the car. Both Kimbers and the Glock are too large to keep anywhere but the Glove box so, she wants me to sell the Glock or trade it for a smaller gun. As for the watch...she got me a new one this year

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yea I knew who you were with your highlights comment Jim, BTW What did you pay Becky for the Pro Carry??

I ended up buying mine from an individual. But she quoted me one ins 1-2 different configurations. Of course that was before the last 2 price increases. But if I recall, the quote for the Pro Carry HD with nothing changed, was about $725. From there the pricing was what Kimber wanted for the extra stuff, which was surprisingly good. They actually offset the price for example, for upgrading to night sights.

I ended up having them checker the front strap when they had it for some work. Hind sight, I shouldn't have done that so I could have a custom building do some other treatment along with bobtail it.

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Here is the one Kimber Ultra Covert II .45 ACP w/ Laser Grips

Attachments

• pop_wm_1062465.jpg
      pop_wm_1062465.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 119

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Welcome from another new member Chris. Also shoot at DFW on occasion.
    Also popular with Dallas Cowboys. Was in there today with the SIS and got into a conversation with defensive lineman, who fell in love with the gun after I let him pop about 50 rds through it. The SIS gets attention. FYI I think I am going to give the G17 to a buddy, for a favor he did for me. Jim, what did ya think of the pic I posted.......Im seriously thinking about buying it

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Also popular with Dallas Cowboys. Was in there today with the SIS and got into a conversation with defensive lineman, who fell in love with the gun after I let him pop about 50 rds through it. The SIS gets attention. FYI I think I am going to give the G17 to a buddy, for a favor he did for me. Jim, what did ya think of the pic I posted.......Im seriously thinking about buying it
    Appearance wise its not my thing, but the gun itself is sweet if you want CT Grips already on it.

Have you had any issues gripping the slide on the SIS? That's the 1 major complaint by people is that it's too slick.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom