Hello from Houston never owned a gun and thinking of buying my first... just have one question.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Howdy & welocme to TGT.

Pay a gun lawyer a couple hundred & get the correct advise. It'd be worth it. Or just go to Academy & try to by a cheap pistol & have them do a 4473....FBI check. If it comes out clean, you're good. If not, then you saved the $ to pay the lawyer.
Unless he is the one case in a million they decide to prosecute for that.
As another poster asked, was he convicted of the felony, or was it reduced to something else. A lawyer is the most sound advice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Or just go to Academy & try to by a cheap pistol & have them do a 4473....FBI check. If it comes out clean, you're good. If not, then you saved the $ to pay the lawyer.
If he answers NO & passes .... then he don't have the felony on his record & is good to go. If he answers NO & comes back felony, then they don't sell him a gun.
More that likely, the store, just wouldn't sell them a gun and toss the 4473 into the garbage.
If I'm not mistaken, aren't the majority of Form 4473's being filed electronically now?
ROFL

Let's not have Renegade offer expert advice or opinion, it will interfere with our 4 pages of wrong opinions and guesses and speculations, most of which involve committing more Federal Felonies.

Maverick44 - the only voice of sanity....

axxe55 - the George Costanza of the internet. If he would just do the opposite, he would be be right more than he is wrong.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
somewhere.....East Texas.
ROFL

Let's not have Renegade offer expert advice or opinion, it will interfere with our 4 pages of wrong opinions and guesses and speculations, most of which involve committing more Federal Felonies.

Maverick44 - the only voice of sanity....

axxe55 - the George Costanza of the internet. If he would just do the opposite, he would be be right more than he is wrong.
You just seem like you make the extra effort to go out of your way to see just how much a jerk you can be.

BTW, aren't there some ambulances you should be chasing?

Grumps21

Apr 28, 2021
Houston
Wouldn’t a back ground check show the felony? I see adverts online all the time for those services. Or, would LE be able to run the DL for a history? I don’t know which is why I’m asking..

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads