• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Hello all,

Just joined tonight 10/2/08. Stumbled across a link to this site from my Tundratalk forum. I'm already finding great information here.

I'm in the Idaho Army National Guard (6-1/2 years), I've been deployed to Iraq for 18 months, and I'm a Supply Assistant Technician at my local unit armory. So I get to play with guns that the average citizen will 1. Never see, and 2. never get to touch.
    Lynx Defense

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here Lonewolf! Thanks for serving. This citizen appreciates everything you do! By chance could you part with an AT4, or perhaps just a few claymores or something my supplies are dwindling. ;) hehe j/k

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here Lonewolf! Thanks for serving. This citizen appreciates everything you do! By chance could you part with an AT4, or perhaps just a few claymores or something my supplies are dwindling. ;) hehe j/k

I told you not to hunt deer in your front yard with the AT4, it's not centerfire and the game warden is going to get you.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho

I wish I had an AT4. We don't get anything of that nature where I'm at. I'm in a Cavalry unit so the only thing I get to play with now is a bradley fighting vehicle, a HUMVEE, MK-19, M-4, M-9, and very rarely now an Abrams Tank (used to be a tank company here). I enjoy the National Guard. We get to do so much in the guard in a weekend that the regular army takes a month to complete. Its fun, exciting, and best of all I get to shoot 25mm bullets. Not as much fun as the Abrams tank 120mm though. I've heard rumors that we are supposed to be getting a platoon worth of tanks back next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though on that. I'd rather be in a tank than a bradley.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I wish I had an AT4. We don't get anything of that nature where I'm at. I'm in a Cavalry unit so the only thing I get to play with now is a bradley fighting vehicle, a HUMVEE, MK-19, M-4, M-9, and very rarely now an Abrams Tank (used to be a tank company here). I enjoy the National Guard. We get to do so much in the guard in a weekend that the regular army takes a month to complete. Its fun, exciting, and best of all I get to shoot 25mm bullets. Not as much fun as the Abrams tank 120mm though. I've heard rumors that we are supposed to be getting a platoon worth of tanks back next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though on that. I'd rather be in a tank than a bradley.

Oooh, dibs on the Mk19!!! That would go nicely on my Nissan Maxima. Hmm, lets see, now I'll just have to cut a sunroof..... ;) j/k

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Welcome from another new member lonewolf23c. Also extend my appreciation for your service.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Oooh, dibs on the Mk19!!! That would go nicely on my Nissan Maxima. Hmm, lets see, now I'll just have to cut a sunroof..... ;) j/k

Oh these MK-19 grenade machine guns are fun. However, I think you would have a hard time mounting one on your Maxima. They require a MK-93 mounting system, which helps with the recoil of these weapons. LOL.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh these MK-19 grenade machine guns are fun. However, I think you would have a hard time mounting one on your Maxima. They require a MK-93 mounting system, which helps with the recoil of these weapons. LOL.

Where there's a will there's a way! ;) lol j/k

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Where there's a will there's a way! ;) lol j/k

Oh, I'm sure that if an average citizen could own a MK-19 they would be able to come up with a way to install just about anything on their vehicle. I do however think having a MG on a car would look great. I'm sure people wouldn't argue with you. Not to mention you no longer need a working horn in your car to get someone to move. Fire a 40mm grenade into their car and be done with them. LOL.

jarhead79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    OOOhhh, could you imagine. I love the sound of an MK 19. I'd never have a road rage problem again.

Nate

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    HMMM.... I thought it was an MK-64 MODIII cradle mount?

That mount will work also. I have the MK-93 mounts at my unit that also allow the mounting of other MG type weapons, so I don't have to have 6 different mounts. The MK-93 is a universal mount. The MK-64 is an older version mount. The MK-93 is an updated version and is more adaptable for newer weapon systems.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks... yeah I've always been stuck with the old stuff :) you know how that works.

Oh I know how it is. I've been dealing with old equipment since I joined the Guard 6-1/2 years ago. Since I'm a supply technician now, I can actually order in some new stuff every once in a while. Its nice to get new toys every now and then. I'm a Cavalry Scout so there's a few weapons I don't get to play with much anymore but since I work full time at my unit armory I get them out and mess with them every now and then just to keep up with all the equipment.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    hehehehehe... when I was an armorer I never really went by the rules. We had a DS section right next to us. Instead of dealing with all that bull to get level 30 maintenance done I just took the weapons down there myself and did all the work. Also bypassed supply when aquiring parts. I pretty much had replacement parts for all the weapons except for recievers and barrels... totally illegal, but I turned a crappy armsroom into the best one in the battalion, maybe even brigade.

It was great, when that said DS section had a inspection all the parts THEY weren't supposed to have ended up in metal footlockers sitting in my armsroom. It's how I learned to build and repair all sorts of weapons, how to gauge and calibrate... etc... I miss it, minus the paperwork of course.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    hehehehehe... when I was an armorer I never really went by the rules. We had a DS section right next to us. Instead of dealing with all that bull to get level 30 maintenance done I just took the weapons down there myself and did all the work. Also bypassed supply when aquiring parts. I pretty much had replacement parts for all the weapons except for recievers and barrels... totally illegal, but I turned a crappy armsroom into the best one in the battalion, maybe even brigade.

It was great, when that said DS section had a inspection all the parts THEY weren't supposed to have ended up in metal footlockers sitting in my armsroom. It's how I learned to build and repair all sorts of weapons, how to gauge and calibrate... etc... I miss it, minus the paperwork of course.

I agree with you on every aspect of your logic. My unit armorer is the exact same way. We have parts and accessories that we aren't supposed to have, when inspections come up all non-legal stuff gets put into foot lockers and "disappears" until after the inspectors are gone. I believe that when you are in a combat situation where every second counts, why go through 20 different steps to get a $3.00 part, when you can order it yourself and have it there on the shelf already.

Oh I definitely hate the paperwork. But, I do however order every part and accessory that my Armorer requests, whether I have to go over the squadron's head to do it or not. I've got a great armorer in my unit and he also helps with personal weapons for the guys too, so we try to keep his arsenal stocked up as much as possible.

Top Bottom