• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello from North Carolina:

Everyone in my family, except for me, is a native Texan. Due to a job change, we moved to North Carolina about four years ago. My wife still pines for DFW!

I am a Federal Administrative Law Judge and my wife works for a hospital. We have two teenagers and a Basset Hound. I enjoy shotguns and Russian rifles.

Nice to find your forum.

WJ

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Welcome. What part of NC are you in? I lived in Charlotte (actually Matthews)for about 4 years before I moved back home to Texas about 2 years ago. I have to admit that if I had to live out of Texas, NC was the place to be, really nice. problem is that it introduced me to seasons, and I miss that, what with all the heat we have had here lately.

Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    We are are in Wake Forest. The fall here is awesome. The leaves change several different colors and it gets cool, but not too cold. We have only had two snows of any significance (about an inch) since we moved here.

But, no Cowboys, no Stars, no Bass Performance Hall and we have hefty state income tax.

WJ

Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks guys. I am the chief administrative law judge in an office of 12, soon to be 13, administrative law judges. Under the U.S. Constitution, we are Article II judges, not Article III judges. There are about 1,500 Administrative Law Judges in the federal service.

I started out in the Army JAG Corps, then I was in the U.S. Attorney's office in Fort Worth before getting hired by the Social Security Administration as an ALJ. We hear disability cases. They are not too terribly exciting, but we do have great discretion to do the right thing. All in all, it is not complex constitutional law, but I do like it. Also, as I age, I appreciate the lower stress level.

WJ.

Top Bottom