• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thauser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Parker, TX
    I live in a great little town just north of Dallas called Parker. Two miles from my home is Southfork Ranch where the popular TV series Dallas was filmed. It's been voted #1 for two years in a row from Dallas Magazine.

I love my God, family, country, US Constitution and the great state of Texas! I wasn't born here but moved here as fast as I could :) Originally I grew up in Upstate New York and worked for a defense contractor there.

I joined the Collin County IDPA about two years ago and really love it. It sure beats shooting at the range and while I have a LONG way to go I've gotten a lot more confident with defending myself with a handgun if the need arises. In addition, I've made some great friends at the club and the exercise I get from the weekend matches is just what I need to stay healthy.

I own a small business now here in the Dallas area that writes software. I'd like to introduce free software I've written for IDPA. I've read the forum rules and since I'm giving it away for free it should not violate the conditions I agreed to.
    Now that I've become addicted to IDPA I wanted to improve the sport by contributing my programming skills (personally I have over 32 years programming for defense industry, healthcare, medical research, match.com, real estate, recruiting and more). I had overheard many conversations about how current IDPA software all has it's shortcomings. Most of the software appears to be from people that program part time or while they may be good programmers, don't have the experience rolling out hundreds of software applications for small companies all the way to Fortune 500 companies like we do. Knowing that the software would be tough to sell I just decided to give it away as an advertisement of the great software we write.

This past Christmas vacation (much to the annoyance of my wife) I enjoyed writing UberScoreMaster.com. The intent is NOT to replace paper entry but to greatly enhance the match signup, score entry and publishing of results. Since I started publicizing the new software last month we have 27 clubs using it. 2 are from Italy and 1 US military team.

We've had many product improvement suggestions from new users and have implemented them ALL. I'm hoping we can all put our ideas into this and grow it to something that fits most everyone's IDPA software needs.

Please view the following videos (below) that briefly goes over all the features.

There is nothing to install and it's 100% free - no catches. I'm just a huge IDPA fan like you and wanted to contribute.

If you have any suggestions for improving it I am eager to put them in.

Part 1
    UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Part 1/2 - YouTube
    Part 2
    UberScoreMaster Rapid IDPA Score Entry and Publishing Features Part 2/2 - YouTube
    Target Sports

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Howdy

My Dad used to have a place right around the corner from Southfork. It was kinda neat to walk outside and see the goings on out there.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Welcome from Dallas! perhaps i'll see you at some competitions in about a year or two when I start doing that

Welcome to TGT from south of Houston.

Ignore anybody here with Glock in their name and you'll do well. :laughing:

^^^^ He didn't mean me...i'm too awesome to ignore! Ask anyone! (except the members of this forum) :shades:

thauser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Parker, TX
    Welcome from Dallas! perhaps i'll see you at some competitions in about a year or two when I start doing that

^^^^ He didn't mean me...i'm too awesome to ignore! Ask anyone! (except the members of this forum) :shades:

Why the wait GlockOwner? Collin County has a great IDPA club. Great guys/gals and a fun time shooting. I'm there for 3 or so matches a month.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Why the wait GlockOwner? Collin County has a great IDPA club. Great guys/gals and a fun time shooting. I'm there for 3 or so matches a month.

funds. I can barely afford a couple range trips a year right now. But im getting closer to moving into a better job, so hopefully soon, I can start settling down, paying down the small debt I have (CC, what's left of my car payment and small school loan).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom