Hello from Post Texas!

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
TGT Supporter
Jun 22, 2021
US
When I was a little kid, we lived in a little cotton community half way between Post and Tahoka. Post always had a big fair/parade/picnic around July 4th. Met Johnny Cash there in the early 70's. I was 3 or 4 at the time and 2 older girls decided I was lost and took me up to the stage where he was performing. He picked me up and held me in the air asking if anyone had lost a little boy. Later he came over and sat down on our picnic blanket and hung out for a while. I seriously doubt Post is anything like that nowadays, but that was the attitude back then.

Thats is a great story!!! Man, to meet Johnny Cash here would be amazing!! Post isnt too far from that now...at least as far as i can tell... I'm not sure about how the 4th of july is...but the Halloween parade they have is pretty damn cool!

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
TGT Supporter
Jun 22, 2021
US
Although a few hours drive south, if you want a great place to hike, check out Big Bend. Being a national park, it will cost ya to get in, but it's worth it.

Thanks for the tip! There are a few trails over at Lake Allan Henry...nothing to spectacular but its nice to get on them just for a little nature.

HKFive

~VP of Misc. Stuff ~
TGT Supporter
Jun 22, 2021
US
:welcome:

First things first. History
Post cereal owned that place many moons ago.

2nd) Call these folks. They lease out to dirt bike riding. The land owner also leases hunting. Just about 20-30min north of you. 24,000acres lots of big hunt leases out that way. They might give you a lead on a spot. https://www.postenduroassociation.org/
I'd tell them your new from outta town and looking into hunting, camping or riding lease. They might help ya out.

Folks are super nice in these parts. All it takes is a friendly, howdy/hello and a firm hand shake and most folks will chew the fat with ya openly.

Man, thank you so much! I will look into that for sure. And i am noticing the friendliness for sure. Its a nice change from VT where everyone THINKS they know your business and are nice to your face but gossip once you have left the area.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 9, 2013
The Big Country
Man, thank you so much! I will look into that for sure. And i am noticing the friendliness for sure. Its a nice change from VT where everyone THINKS they know your business and are nice to your face but gossip once you have left the area.
FYI, @FireInTheWire is probably your closest forum neighbor. He's a little strange but not a bad guy.

popsgarland

Aug 24, 2011
DFW area
Howdy and welcome to TGT.

Keep this in mind. Twice a year we have the "TGT REUNION" in the spring and fall. The spring reunion, needless to say, is over but the fall reunion is in October. There is around 20 - 30 members showing up. It's a great time to meet some of our members. it's held at a gun range and members bring lots and lots of guns to shoot. A thread for the reunion will be started weeks before its time to start. The only issue for you will be the long drive. Some members will arrive the day before and rent a motel room.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics