• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Long-time enthusiast, just starting my collection. My first purchase is a Mossberg 500 for home defense. I love it. Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Luke
    Hurley's Gold

Aztlan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    New Guy

I'm from the Alamo City and new to this forum.

Recently I did something I had not done in many years. I went to the gun range. I took my Colt 45 auto and 250 rounds later, I had a grin on face. I forgot how much fun it was and in a weird sore of way it was relaxing (good therapy). Shooting my 45 auto can get pricy and I went to buy a 22 auto. I have always been partial of Ruger thought I would buy a new one. A Beretta U22 Neos fallowed me home...

us1.jpg

Amilcar (Aumi) Hernandez
    http://www.aumih.info

Tony Cade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    ANyone know where there is a pistol match this weekend in San Antonio? (IDPA, IPSC etc). I'm addicted and usually shoot at Cedar Ridge. However, this weekend there is only a carbine match on Saturday.

TC

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    Welcome to the forum, Luke. I shoot about once a month or so at Cedar Ridge. And at least that frequently, I go to Bracken. Just depends on how many guns I want to shoot and whether I have anyone going with me, since those two ranges charge differently...

Aim 'em safe, and shoot 'em straight!

Amistad

Tony Cade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Bracken

I've never been to bracken but I have shot in the last 3 IDPA events at cedar ridge including the classifier.

What does Bracken have to offer?

Tony

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    What does Bracken have to offer?

Since you have shot at Cedar Ridge, you know that the range fee there is charged by the head, for any number of guns. Conversely, Bracken charges by the gun. So, depending on what you intend to do on a given visit to the range, you would pick one over the other.

For example, if you wanted to take, say, your wife and your son to shoot with you at Cedar Ridge, at $10 a head, you'd need to shell out $30 for the three of you. At Bracken, it would cost you only a total of $7 for all three of you to shoot one gun, $10.50 to shoot two guns, $14 to shoot three guns, etc. The trade off is that Bracken doesn't allow you to change your targets nor to move your targets. So, just depends on your objective for the day...

Amistad

Top Bottom