Hello from San Marcos

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bonehead1185, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bonehead1185

bonehead1185 Member

Hello to all! I found this forum off the texaschlforum website and figured it would be another source of valuable information.

A little about me:
    *Born and raised in Lewisville
    *Go to school down here at Texas State University (only 1 year left!)
    *I finally got my CHL on October 10 and am currently carrying a Taurus PT145 Pro in an Uncle Mike's IWB (hope to get a Crossbreed for my birthday next month)
    *Also have a Mossberg 500 Persuader sitting next to the bed loaded with 00 Buckshot

I look forward to making some friends from around the area and maybe to join in some group practices.

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Welcome aboard!

3. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.

4. Furyataurus

Furyataurus Active Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Cedar Ridge gun range has an IDPA match hosted by TX Tactical on 10/26/08. I'll be there, don't know how tired I'll be since its after the Austin get together shoot on 10/25/08! :rofl:

5. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Welcome from another new member bonehead1185.

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here. I'm in Manchaca which is right next to Buda, so we're practically neighbors! ;) Okay not quite but you get the idea. lol

7. bonehead1185

bonehead1185 Member

Thanks. I am really enjoying reading all the info on this site so far. Plus its nice to know there is someone close by. Gotta love that Austin traffic!:banghead:

8. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, in Austin, no matter where you drive it always takes an hour. ;) Whenever I have free time anymore (not much lately), I usually go to this range in Lockhart:

Central Texas Protection Training Academy, LLC

Let me know if you want to meet up sometime.

9. bonehead1185

bonehead1185 Member

I have been wanting to make it out there and try that place out for the last month! I know there is a group going out this weekend but I just don't have the money. I am hoping to make it out there maybe sometime mid November. I would love to have someone else there to critique me! Just let me know when you are free.

10. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sure thing. I'll let you know when I have a day off. It looks like I'm going to be working almost every weekend the rest of the year, though I should have a couple off and if not well I'm taking a couple off regardless. ;) lol