• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Athos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2021
    England
    Hello gentlemen,

Probably a bit of a weird one, I’m a British shooter joining a Texan forum. Currently serving in the Royal Navy and working on a novel in my downtime. Thing is, the novel is set in various parts of Texas.

I travelled around your fine State a few years ago calling in at Austin, San Angelo, Christoval (great BBQ!), Marfa, Terlingua and some fucking place in the desert that was just a store and a Legion Post. They had beer though. Stopped by Midland, Levelland and Dallas. I loved it every moment in Texas. Met some fantastic people, met some sketchy people, visited some great ranges too. You’re some of the most generous and welcoming folks in the US for sure. Long story short, I was inspired. I love Westerns and the works of Cormac McCarthy. My big thing is detail and authenticity. So for the most part I’m just here to observe and see how people converse, pick up slang and dialect etc.

Aside from that, I shoot as often as possible. We have a good selection of ranges here if you’re in the right club. I shoot and reload .45-70, .300WM, .303, .30-06, 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R, .223 and .357 Mag. Dabble with black powder (a .44 Walker copy) and spend far too much money on shit I don’t really need but absolutely must have. Beyond that I like books, single malt, a good cigar and the great outdoors. Preferably together.

I’ll wind my neck in now,
    Athos
    Lynx Defense

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Cheers from across the pond. I enjoy a bit of travel myself having been to London, Liverpool and Cambridge as well as Edinburgh and several parts of Ireland. However, there's no place like home.

Get back here and shoot as soon as you can. I'm sure there are plenty of members that would offer you a warm welcome and some great guns to shoot... assuming you can find some ammo.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    Hello gentlemen,

Probably a bit of a weird one, I’m a British shooter joining a Texan forum. Currently serving in the Royal Navy and working on a novel in my downtime. Thing is, the novel is set in various parts of Texas.

I travelled around your fine State a few years ago calling in at Austin, San Angelo, Christoval (great BBQ!), Marfa, Terlingua and some fucking place in the desert that was just a store and a Legion Post. They had beer though. Stopped by Midland, Levelland and Dallas. I loved it every moment in Texas. Met some fantastic people, met some sketchy people, visited some great ranges too. You’re some of the most generous and welcoming folks in the US for sure. Long story short, I was inspired. I love Westerns and the works of Cormac McCarthy. My big thing is detail and authenticity. So for the most part I’m just here to observe and see how people converse, pick up slang and dialect etc.

Aside from that, I shoot as often as possible. We have a good selection of ranges here if you’re in the right club. I shoot and reload .45-70, .300WM, .303, .30-06, 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R, .223 and .357 Mag. Dabble with black powder (a .44 Walker copy) and spend far too much money on shit I don’t really need but absolutely must have. Beyond that I like books, single malt, a good cigar and the great outdoors. Preferably together.

I’ll wind my neck in now,
    Athos
    Welcome aboard!

Top Bottom