• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tf21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2022
    East Texas
    My family and I will be moving shortly near the Tyler area. I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter with my family. I have always enjoyed fishing, shooting and reloading and I really want to get into hunting and eventually take out my two younger boys (I've never hunted before and was never exposed to it). I'm hoping to continue learning and chatting with ya'll.
    Capitol Armory ad

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My family and I will be moving shortly near the Tyler area. I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter with my family. I have always enjoyed fishing, shooting and reloading and I really want to get into hunting and eventually take out my two younger boys (I've never hunted before and was never exposed to it). I'm hoping to continue learning and chatting with ya'll.
    Welcome. You're in a good spot for fishing. Lake Fork is less than an hour North of Tyler, and Lake Palestine is less than 30 minutes West of Tyler. There's also a couple of small lakes on the Southeast side of Tyler.

Gun Ranges left something to be desired though. It's been a few years since I lived there. IIRC, there's a clay shooting range, and I think a small indoor range somewhere. I never went to either. I was going to college there, so I shot when I came home. The East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club is over by Longview, just off I20. Never been there, but it looks like a good proper range on their website. It's about 45 Min from Tyler. They have some competitions I wish I had been able to shoot in.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    96F9AD8F-86E6-45FB-B821-440424CD355E.jpeg

tf21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2022
    East Texas
    Welcome. You're in a good spot for fishing. Lake Fork is less than an hour North of Tyler, and Lake Palestine is less than 30 minutes West of Tyler. There's also a couple of small lakes on the Southeast side of Tyler.

Gun Ranges left something to be desired though. It's been a few years since I lived there. IIRC, there's a clay shooting range, and I think a small indoor range somewhere. I never went to either. I was going to college there, so I shot when I came home. The East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club is over by Longview, just off I20. Never been there, but it looks like a good proper range on their website. It's about 45 Min from Tyler. They have some competitions I wish I had been able to shoot in.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check out the local lakes nearby Tyler. I've already taken a look at East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club and it seems like it would be a great outdoor range. Just wish it was a bit closer.

tf21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2022
    East Texas
    Welcome to the TGT family... If you remember to wipe the Commifornia off your feet before you cross the state line.

View attachment 347354
    You don't have to worry about that. I've bounced around Oregon, Utah, Texas and California. We can't stand the politics out here and we're looking forward to "escaping" Commifornia. I love everything that makes Texas, well Texas. Plus I get to finally take this stupid fin off of my AR.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    You don't have to worry about that. I've bounced around Oregon, Utah, Texas and California. We can't stand the politics out here and we're looking forward to "escaping" Commifornia. I love everything that makes Texas, well Texas. Plus I get to finally take this stupid fin off of my AR.
    Many here came from other places, but on arrival, put those other places behind us and became Texans.

Texas is more than a location on the map.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom