Hello from Wyoming...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CptnRn, Jan 17, 2018.

1. CptnRn

CptnRn New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Austin
    Hello from Wyoming... actually I grew up in Wyoming (Big Horn Mountains) thru high school, but have lived in several other states and have lived in TX since 1977. I meant to introduce myself before posting here, but have already made one post, so I figured I had better get around to that introduction.

I grew up in Wyoming, hunting and fishing, where guns were almost second nature, almost everyone has one or several, many that were passed down from grandfathers and fathers to sons. Offspring were taught the proper safe use of guns by their parents and down at the local national guard range as part of growing up. We always had guns in the house, trucks, cars, etc. open carry was common especially around hunting season and no one thought twice about it. And I don't recall hearing about a single illegal use of a weapon by a local while growing up there. So I'm inclined to feel the current proliferation of gun laws is a bit strange and overly paranoid.

Clearly its the result of so many people being raised in cities these days where guns are far less common and the illegal use of a weapon is more of a problem.

I have not done any hunting or fishing while living in Texas but I'm retired now and have more time on my hands, I also have 4 long guns and a revolver that I inherited from grandpa and stepfather and a compact pistol that I purchased last year. I'm planning on refreshing my knowledge of safe gun handling with a course at a local range and possibly getting a CCL.

I saw a question about this above so I'm adding the following... I learned about this forum from a referral on City-Data and have been subscribed and lurking here on and off for over a year. I recognize at least one forum regular here from City-Data.

I consider this forum to be a good place to add to my knowledge about firearms and firearm safety.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Welcome to TGT

3. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Welcome to TGT.
    Wyoming is a wonderful place.
    Attended the rendevous at Ft.Bridger a couple of years.

4. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Welcome to the forum!

5. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    No such critter here; we have a License To Carry which permits either OC or CC of handguns. You can carry as many long guns as, well, you wish to carry. Three on each shoulder is my personal comfort zone. :)

Oh yeah, howdy!
    And, get outta Austin, they'z weird there.

7. TxStetson

TxStetson Well-Known

May 9, 2013
    Odessa, TX
    Welcome to the forum.

8. motorcarman

motorcarman Compulsive Collector

Feb 13, 2015
    Decatur, TX
    I have lots of kin in Cheyenne area, Welcome!!!

bob

CptnRn likes this.
  9. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Well, just be careful there - we'll be watching you.
    -oh, ;) and welcome to tgt.

CptnRn likes this.
  10. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    You WY people need to get your friends to send a truck load of Big Sky's Moose Drool to Austin as the distributor that was handling it has dropped it.

CptnRn likes this.