Military Camp

Hello, I was going to attend some gun shows in Texas and I'm trying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Gun shows way back when used to be for folks that were into guns. It has devolved in the last couple of decades into what it is now, a Walmartesque conglomeration of douchebaggery looking to make money on everyone who has heard the left screech “gun show loophole”
    People that know better now save the $10 plus parking fees and just shop online or with trusted LGS.
    Won't disagree in general but I still like going to gun shows.

davidherd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2018
    abilene
    Hello, I was going to attend some gun shows in Texas and I'm trying to get a good deal, how do you distinguish from private sellers and regular vendors?

I was looking for a used gun, private sellers will probably have better deals right? And general advice on going to a gun show.
    it's been my experience that you had better do your home work on gun values. most venders want new gun prices for used stuff. it's ashamed .

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    Gun shows are no longer fun.

1. Higher entrance fees
    2. Paid parking for some
    3. Limited selection
    4. Often not many good deals
    5. Even ammo is no longer there like it used to be
    6. LTC is usually not allowed either

As a result I don’t hit many gun shows anymore.

OldGreyWolf

OldGreyWolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2017
    Big Spring, Tx
    I stopped going to gun shows when the prices became outrageous. In the old days you could barter and sometimes get some good deals. Much better deals on line.

Gunrunner70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2019
    Terrell Texas
    Do as I did , Go to 2 different gunsmithing schools buy all your tools including a mill and a lathe and build your own . I also do wooden stocks with rubbed oil finish . Then you don't have anything to worry about . I had my latest appraised today . 1800 dollars retail .

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Do as I did , Go to 2 different gunsmithing schools buy all your tools including a mill and a lathe and build your own . I also do wooden stocks with rubbed oil finish . Then you don't have anything to worry about . I had my latest appraised today . 1800 dollars retail .

Welcome to the Forum!

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Hello, I was going to attend some gun shows in Texas and I'm trying to get a good deal, how do you distinguish from private sellers and regular vendors?

I was looking for a used gun, private sellers will probably have better deals right? And general advice on going to a gun show.

The last show I went to, I knew what gun I wanted to buy. I walked the entire show and compared prices. The best deal I found was with a LGS.

I usually have a gun(s) in mind I’d like to buy, then research prices online, and shop all of the tables at the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I want to see your latest. Also how do you go about getting a home built firearm appraised?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I still go to guns shows even though they are not what they once were. I have gotten some good to excellent deals when selling, surprisingly even to dealers. As far as buying goes, I have not bought a gun at a show in quite some time although I have tried but the dealers just would not match a reasonable price.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom