• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rangertrace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Athens
    Congratulations on the new site and thanks for serving those who live in the Great State of Texas! I have always been a gun nut (Since I was around 9), but have only recently become addicted to reading about guns on internet forums. I really enjoy reading and learning from other people's experiences. I will primarily visit the pistol forum because I am a hard core 1911 fan. I really don't own that many guns compared to a lot of guys on these sites, but here is my list:
    1. Wilson CQB 38 Super black/gray
    2. Baer Custom Carry 45acp, hard chrome
    3. Baer Premier II 45acp, fully engraved at Tripp Research for hard chrome right now.
    4. Colt Mark IV Series 70, 45acp bright nickel
    5. Colt Ponypocket lite 380
    6. 3 Smith revolvers
    7. Glock 33
    8. Beretta over/under 12 guage
    9. Winchester Model 70, 270 WSM
    10. Springfield M1A Scout.
    Hurley's Gold

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Welcome aboard rangertrace. I am pretty new too. Same as you do not own man. I have no Safe Queens & shoot all I own. 3-duces.
    2 rifles, 2 semis, 2revolvers.
    One shotgun.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Welcome aboard, Rangertrace. Always glad to hear from someone living near my old stomping grounds (Tyler).

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome.Do you get to carry your 45s at work or do you carry a glock?The Texas rangers in my area carry the Glocks.

rangertrace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Athens
    I only know of one Ranger thats wears a Glock on duty and he is stationed in the DFW metro mess. We are issued Sigs P226 DAKs, which may be why you thought it was a Glock. But, to answer your question, I do carry a 1911 as my primary duty gun. Mostly the Wilson 38 Super. When my engraved Baer returns from Tripp Research, I will carry it once in a while.

The Glock is my BUG along with a 5 shot Smith.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    JKTex I am sorry if I offended you with my Texican remark but you need to watch the movie "the Alamo" as they refer to them self as Texicans.

I had Family that served during the Texas Revolutionary war when it was over they moved to Louisana and settled in the most southern part of that state.

Again I m sorry if I Offended you .

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I need to work on my smiley placement and usage. :D

I'm not offended at all. Sometimes my humor requires a little work to dig out. :p

So does that mean you've got some great recipes handed down in the family??? I've got a bad ass gumbo recipe I had to muddle through trying to decipher what they meant, but it's come out great. Maybe the difficulty in reading the recipe "is" the key. ;)

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I have a Cook book that my Great Mother left me thats full of those type of recipes that take time to figure out .

But its full of the good stuff.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I only know two rangers and they carry Glock 22s as there primary weapon.They told me about the Sigs but they wanted to have the Glocks in case one of there fellow officers needed to throw them a mag in a gun fight.My dad is a Police officer and was issued a Glock 22.I worked in the courthouse and carried my 1911 as my sidearm and got a lot of looks as I was the only one who qualified with one.:D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom