• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Dear forum members,

as an newbee I would like to introduce myself to the other members on this platform.
    I live in Holland where I was born and raised 40 years of age, married and father of three children.
    For a long time I admire the American gun laws and the right for protecting yourself and your family by the usage of firearms.
    As in my country you get jail time when you defend the ones you love. Our over controlled gun laws make it impossible to own a gun as an civilian minimizing self protection possibility. At the moment we have a huge migration problem in Europe where hundreds and hundreds of thousands immigrants (North African) are spreading all over Europe taking there own Sharia Laws with them.
    European women are no longer save walking the streets wearing the clothes they like, because they are seen as objects for usage by these immigrants. And the only thing our government does is telling us to shut up and let it all happen.
    The only ones that have a gun in my country are law enforcement and criminals leaving the good willing civilians bare handed against anyone with bad intentions.
    Oh how I dream for similar gun laws in Holland as you have in the United States. Then I would wear a Walther PPK concealed and have a 375 Magnum under the pillow.

Be proud of your laws and right to defend yourself

Regards,
    Nio
    Capitol Armory ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your situation in Europe, but thank you for making us aware of it from a first hand point of view.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    As in my country you get jail time when you defend the ones you love.
    Howdy

Unless you're referring only to using a gun for defense, that doesn't make sense. Will you explain please?

Last edited:

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Welcome to the forum and sorry for the sad immigration circumstances. My inlaws have family in Germany still and we have been following this refugee stuff closely and it is getting out of control. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello glockster 69,

For example: my house is beeing robbed i come home and catch the intruder. When hè attacks me and i would defend my self with à weapon. Then I am the one going to jail and the robber goes home. I believe in america iT would be the other way arround

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    But at least they give you the right to defend yourself

TECHNICALLY no one 'gives you a right'................... Our RIGHTS are laid out and defined in our Constitution.
    'THEY' (the politicians) have not SUCCESSFULLY been able to disarm us (YET)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SAFE and welcome.

bob

Nio

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Hello MikePotts,

To defend yourself and your familie would work Well when you can own à gun. For me to get a gun I must have contact with criminals to get one. I don't know any criminals haha. On the other hand I prever having no criminal contact

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The gun laws in Holland are extremely restrictive, but it is still a beautiful place and one I loved visiting when I got the chance!

There are many places like that in the world, and especially the EU. It is one of the reasons I couldn't move back to Europe anymore. Luckily, I can still visit from time to time!

Cheers! M2

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Welcome Nio; compliments on your English - it's very good! Fortunately, due to the nature of our country's birth (no King, ever... unlike most European countries), we Americans have, for the most part, been able to keep our government ruling class under control. And while a goodly number of Americans tend to forget "our roots" - enough, just barely enough - recall the intent and purpose of the 'vision' for America created by our "founding fathers".
    The state I call home has laws called "the castle doctrine" and "stand your ground" (no duty to retreat when confronted by a criminal intent upon doing harm). These are strong and empowering laws designed to support the concept of "private property " rights (again, an idea that a lot of European countries are very weak on, due to their history of kingdoms). Holland certainly falls into this category so it would be an "up hill" fight to get attitudes changed in your country - you would have to work against history (& that's a most difficult thing to accomplish... as "gun grabbers" here in America have discovered).

Sent from my Apple thang.

Top Bottom