DK Firearms

Hello to all from Palestine. New member, Conservative Christian, Utah native, Komifornia refugee.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    1669490324871.png

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Welcome !
    But why Palestine ?

When I last visited Palestine about 10 years ago it was pop. 20,000.
    And had 22 lawyers, most kept busy with drug crimes.

I was there often between 1964 and 2012.

The handful of the senior doctors and lawyers pass around the major's job.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022
    Welcome !
    But why Palestine ?

When I last visited Palestine about 10 years ago it was pop. 20,000.
    And had 22 lawyers, most kept busy with drug crimes.

I was there often between 1964 and 2012.

The handful of the senior doctors and lawyers pass around the major's job.
    Im sorry that was your experience.
    We have really enjoyed this little town. Great school district, the area is growing economically. Taxes are a little high, but they are putting them to good use. Crime rate is actually low among rural Texas towns.
    It may not make sense to you, but this is where God led us.
    Also, your description fits just about every single small town we drove through to get here from Sacramento. And the Urban areas are far worse.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I had some great younger years in Palestine, but that was long before Walmart and the highway loop around town was completed. Which like everywhere else, killed the downtown businesses.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with 5 of the lawyers, 2 of the doctors, one judge, and the police chief. One of the lawyers is part-time, mostly he does seminars on how to hold your hand/fingers to achieve inner peace. Anyway, some real characters there !

The sheriff was first rate, went far beyond in helping me with some difficult issues with my relatives.

My mother became pregnant with me in Palestine, so it is an important place to me.

The must-do for you in the spring is Davy Dogwood Park.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had some great younger years in Palestine, but that was long before Walmart and the highway loop around town was completed. Which like everywhere else, killed the downtown businesses.

I've had the pleasure of dealing with 5 of the lawyers, 2 of the doctors, one judge, and the police chief. One of the lawyers is part-time, mostly he does seminars on how to hold your hand/fingers to achieve inner peace. Anyway, some real characters there !

The sheriff was first rate, went far beyond in helping me with some difficult issues with my relatives.

My mother became pregnant with me in Palestine, so it is an important place to me.

I drive past Davy Dogwood on the way to my friend Ralph's place, couldnt count the number of grass fires going up the hill to it that I have seen. I need to getup & see him this week.

ZenDaddy9mm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2022

We have spent some serious time at Davy Dogwood! All year! Great park!

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Hi all.

I am happy to have found what looks like a very well put together group of like minded firearms enthusiasts. Thank you.
    My wife and I moved our family to Texas, from California in January of this year.
    We both were born, grew up, made our mistakes (ex wife), met, were married, and spent the first half of our marriage in Northern Utah. California was an unfortunate stopover on our journey. We are grateful to be out and even more grateful to be in Texas.
    I promise to vote conservative, to honor God Country Texas and Family, and to keep my powder dry and my guns clean and lubed.

Michael
    Glad to
    I had never heard of Palestine TX until we started seriously hunting for a new home. It is pronounced Palesteen. Rhymes with pristine. It is a beautiful town with a ton of rich history. We are lucky to be here.
    It is a tight knit community that we will need to earn our place in, but we feel welcome and most folks are happy to have us. The California plates are not a welcome sight for most Texans. Frankly, I understand completely.
    Welcome!

You're right. The "California" plates would tend to be an eyesore in Palestine. LOL. Forgive me for what may be an insult to someone from Northern Utah but I have always thought that Lake Palestine reminds me a wee bit of Lake Tahoe. (Just a LITTLE bit, around the shoreline.) It's interesting that someone thought you may be from the Middle East because when I first saw your photo I though you might be wearing a Yarmulke and therefore would not likely refer to the "Palestine" area in the middle east as such, but rather Israel.

God's blessings to you and yours.

Rob

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    All that praise for 1833 had me set to go. So I ask Ez-e if he wants to meet my oldest best friend & I'll but lunch, if he drives. Come to find out 1833 don't open until 4:00 pm, which gets me driving in the dark. The headlights lense on the car need to be buffed out & can't see well with them.

We ended up at Pint & Barrel Pub. Hell I had a couple of beers & a patty melt. The patty melt was good even though it wasn't toasted. Ralph liked his burger & Ex-e said to many grilled onions on his prime rib poboy.

It might very well be the best place other then @ Ralph's cabin I have ate at in Palestine.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    All that praise for 1833 had me set to go. So I ask Ez-e if he wants to meet my oldest best friend & I'll but lunch, if he drives. Come to find out 1833 don't open until 4:00 pm, which gets me driving in the dark. The headlights lense on the car need to be buffed out & can't see well with them.

We ended up at Pint & Barrel Pub. Hell I had a couple of beers & a patty melt. The patty melt was good even though it wasn't toasted. Ralph liked his burger & Ex-e said to many grilled onions on his prime rib poboy.

It might very well be the best place other then @ Ralph's cabin I have ate at in Palestine.

Next time you hit the Pint & Barrel try the chili burger. It’s open face and pretty darn tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Next time you hit the Pint & Barrel try the chili burger. It’s open face and pretty darn tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    As tasty as it may be I would have my beard full of it. I think their Fish & Chips with a nut brown ale with room for pineapple cake.

I'm curious about 1833 Sunday Brunch.

Until I get my truck back on the road that's a miserable ride for me in the Corolla. There just aint enough room in it for me, & and it wears my ass out.

Top Bottom