Guns International

Hello Y'all, Californian here (No, I'm not a leftist, tranny, gay, degenerate, etc)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Created an account on this forum to ask around since I eventually plan on moving to America. I went to Austin on vacation a couple years back to visit a friend and since then I fell in love with the lone star state. Dallas and Fort Worth are easily the best places I've seen so far. I hope to see more on my ventures out there in the near future. Would also love to answer any questions or ask a couple questions myself!
    DK Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Is it really as bad out there as we keep hearing?

I live in the greater LA Metropolitan area, I have job sites in Downtown LA. It's very bad. Homeless tents everywhere, meth heads calling you a honky in the Jack in the Box parking lot, saw a fat mexican heroine addict washing his hands with Fanta in middle of street, weird occurances like that just to name a few. Hell, even to get to our job sites in LA takes about 2 hours in traffic... I live 30 miles away. It borders on third world.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...I went to Austin ... and since then I fell in love with the lone star state. Dallas and Fort Worth are easily the best places I've seen so far.

Howdy.

You realize those places are the CA resettlement zones?

Six million of y’all have packed into the Texas triangle over the last 15 years. You won’t be escaping anything.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    orig.gif

Loved living in SoCal in the 60s until Ronald Reagan screwed it all up and made carrying a gun illegal.

Attachments

• orig.gif
      orig.gif
      5.6 KB · Views: 228

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Hey man welcome

I spent a few hours at a Greyhound bus terminal in LA back in 1993. Was catching a bus to Perris to skydive for a week. The plan was to take bus back to LA and fly out of LAX to Indonesia for my 28 day hitch. That was the plan.....

After spending 4 hours downtown at that bus terminal I rented a car and drove directly to LAX a week later. I scratch the original plan just because of the “population” that inhabit this area around that bus terminal.

I worked international for 17 years. The things I’ve done and the things I’ve seen. This was the most uncomfortable & scared I’ve ever felt.

Love the mountains & Tahoe area.

Welcome to TGT. This is a good group.

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    If you went to Austin and Dallas and not the smaller rural areas, you haven’t seen the “Real Texas”, it’s much better. I’m a Kommifornia transplant, been here 5 years, love this place. Just wen back to Cali to move my brother here, I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK AGAIN!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Went through LA for the last time in 2012, even lane splitting couldn't get me through it fast enough.

Welcome!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Appreciate the welcome, y'all. And as for going to back and checking out the rest of the state, I'll be in Amarillo this Monday. Going up the 40 until we hit Nashville, TN. Then taking the 10 back and driving through the whole state. Going to check out El Paso on our way back too. I don't suppose any of y'all would know of a place where me and my friends could camp and target shoot for a night, would y'all?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Shooting is done at ranges or on private land. Almost all Texas dirt is private property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    California is a nice state but the loco politicians have screwed it up.
    Seriously man, everyone I know HATES Feinstein and Newsom. All the brainlets who vote for people like that are in LA, Silicon Valley, and Sacramento. The rest of the state has had Republican enclaves for decades (Even Orange County, where I lived was a republican stronghold until 2016) I'm genuinely trying to escape, and once I reside, I'm going out of my way to warn people about what Democratic policies do to states.

Top Bottom