Join TexasGunTalk

Hello Y'all, Californian here (No, I'm not a leftist, tranny, gay, degenerate, etc)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CalifornianTexaboo, Sep 14, 2019.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Hell, I ran him out of Odessa. :laughing:

CalifornianTexaboo and TxStetson like this.
  2. Ole Cowboy

Ole Cowboy TGT Addict

May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    NOT sure where you live but in my part of the Hill Country you can't touch anything for that kind of money, not even remotely. While back I offered $15k, raw land, no view, no electric, no water, no buildings, they would not even consider it. They sold for $24k, then it sold again for $40k. Got live water on your property, $250k +++++++++

3. Rowdywayne56

Rowdywayne56 New Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Texas
    CalifornianTexaboo

Nice area, not the Hill Country which I would love to be, but the Abilene area is pretty nice too.

If you like fishing try Lake Phantom Hill out of Abilene. Great fishing there, bank or boat. Also great camping, but watch out for snakes.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    CalifornianTexaboo likes this.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Well-Known

Hello from NRH :usflag:

5. SURVIVOR619

SURVIVOR619 Member TGT Supporter

Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Welcome! I'm a San Diego native and escaped to Texas last year. Added 4 voting adults to keep Texas free. Hope you get out of there before the sanctuary traps everyone for good.

6. CalifornianTexaboo

CalifornianTexaboo New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Currently on the final leg of our road trip. We actually stayed in at a motel 6 in Abilene, the surrounding areas were quite beautiful when I went out for walks.

7. CalifornianTexaboo

Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    I sure hope you aren't in the Dallas area. It honestly really made me sad how drastically it changed from last year when I visited it with my brother. Its almost unrecognisable. More graffiti, more illegals, more tweakers, more hipsters, more post-modernist trash architecture, and way more leftists. I cried when I went though the old parts I went to. Its worse than LA now. I'm going to pray for Dallas. Seeing how bad it got really fucked me up. Then I got some BBQ at the Stockyards in Fort Worth and cheered me up.

SURVIVOR619 likes this.
  8. tonelar

tonelar Member

Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    hey CaliTexaBoo,
    I hope you”re enjoying your travels. I retired to El Paso from CA. Locally, there are a few indoor ranges, a couple of outdoor ranges as well as spots outside the city limits that people use for target practice.

9. CalifornianTexaboo

Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    We went through Odessa/Midland actually. People we're glaring the shit out of us because of the California plates on our rental, but would then looked confused as all three of us were decked out in Confederate/Texas shirts, and my one friends was dressed like a cowboy. And had a Texas flag on the dash. We also bought, "Come and Take It", an NRA and an American Flag sticker and slapped it on our rental.... Which was unfortunately a Nissan Rogue.

Funny enough going through I caught one guy giving an extremely disapproving look, then he saw who was inside and changed his expression to an, "ya know, these boys are alright" sort of look and nodded lol

Rowdywayne56 and easy rider like this.
  10. Coiled

Coiled I'm full of sunshine & happiness

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    I'm not a leftist, tranny, gay, degenerate

You should try it. Once I made the switch, my quality of life went up 10 fold.

Howdy

PS: West Texas sucks

giphy.gif