Help finding Vihta Vouri powder, please.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by CowDog, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CowDog

CowDog New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    I'm having a hard time finding anyplace that sells Vihta Vouri powder. I've even looked around in two other states.

Does anyone know of a store selling this brand of powders in the DFW area (preferred) or even Austin or San Antonio? Any help will be appreciated, until you're better paid!

cd

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sportsman's Warehouse in either Pflugerville or Round Rock sells it. They may be out of stock but they do carry it.

3. Jimlakeside

Jimlakeside New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Pottsboro, Texas
    Powder Valley has the best prices on powder and primers that I have seen. Here is the website.

Powder Valley, Inc.

4. CowDog

CowDog New Member

Sep 26, 2008
    South of Iowa Park
    Thank you for the help. I'll try Sportsman's warehouse in a week or two, when I'm down there. I'm heading for Powder Valley now, to check them out.

cd

5. deadasslast2004

deadasslast2004 New Member

powder

cabelas usually has it....................

6. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
  7. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Were you just joking about this website? I typed in "vihta vouri" a couple of different ways and couldn't find anything with their search engine. I looked in their reloading components and they only sell 3 types of bullets and no sierra!

Please tell me what is so good about this website?

Of course Powder Valley, Inc. is great. There is also Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC which does beat out powder valley on most pricing.

8. Joat

Joat Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Don't know if they list it on their site, but in store they had a full shelf dedicated to the VV powder. I didn't browse the site, just posted the contact for a store that I know has it in stock on a shelf. Sierra bullets on the shelf as well.

No Joke, if it were a joke it would have had one of these::lolz: or one of these: :rofl: or maybe even one of these::happy0001: before/after the listing.

Joat

9. wshbrngr

wshbrngr Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    No, they have the powder in the store, but I don't think they ship powder or primers as neither are listed on their website.

10. djspump2003

djspump2003 Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    OK, I was under the impression that you had ordered from them before using the internet. Yeah, their website sucks - so they must do most of their business in the physical store. Didn't realize that was your frame of reference or I wouldn't have posted - sorry