• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm doing some modeling around the property, and I'm doing one of my least favorite things - painting.
    I carry a G26 in a Fobus paddle holster and I got a pretty good amount of paint on the grip at some point. I got a lot of paint on me, too, but did manage to get a bit on the walls and the ceiling. It's the good stuff - Sherwin Williams Duration Acrylic Latex!
    I obviously don't want to open- carry a black Glock with white paint splotches all over the handle the grip! That would make me look like I lived out in the woods, or something!

Do I:
    1. Use acetone or paint thinner to remove it?
    2. Fieldstrip and put the frame in a bucket of water overnight to loosen the paint?
    3. Add more paint in different colors to give it an "urban camo" look?
    4. Just throw it away and buy a Tisa 1911?
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Do not use acetone. Combat plastic can handle a lot. Acetone ain’t one. I do not recommend this regardless of what anyone says on here! It’s fine for a little bit but the amount required to take the paint off would negatively effect your frames integrity.

I can’t help but assume because it’s your carry gun that your hand oils and dirt/dust is all over it or gun oil. that’s a good thing as the paint might not have bonded as well as you think. Even handling it over time should wear the paint right off on areas your skin contacts.

You could clean as much off as possible with a brush and water. Again I’m very confident the paint didn’t get a good bond.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I got paint on the Glock. It was easily removed with a wet cloth and Scotch Brite pad.
    My post was a bit "tongue-in-cheek" and in-line with the recent "windshield-wiper fluid to cool my Prius" thread, but thank you for your responses.
    Do what I do....

Put the GloCk in the disHwasHer!!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I say #4.

Otherwise, just paint it some more with green or tan. Might as well make it camo or something. I have been looking for a reason to paint an AR with rattle can, that would be a good reason. Or have it professionally coated.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom