Help identify this rifle

Whistler

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jan 28, 2014
Northeast Texas
Looks like a 20ga I bought from Western Auto called a "Revelation" in the late 60s, early 70s. I think they were made by Mossberg but Marlin, Savage, etc. all made guns for for Western Auto in those days.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
Bottom line is that with the amount of rust on it, it can't be worth much. It looks like it was a cheap gun originally, and with it's condition, it's only good as a decoration.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Hose it down with WD-40. I bet it can be made to shoot again. I love little projects like that. I have several old junkers I’ve rescued like that. I Probably couldn’t get $50 for most of them.

The screw choke makes me think mossberg. But the Western Auto Revelation comment stands out.

WD-40 and 000 steel wool will help you figure it out.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
Hose it down with WD-40. I bet it can be made to shoot again. I love little projects like that. I have several old junkers I’ve rescued like that. I Probably couldn’t get $50 for most of them.

The screw choke makes me think mossberg. But the Western Auto Revelation comment stands out.

WD-40 and 000 steel wool will help you figure it out.
Do they still make Naval Jelly?

cvgunman

Well-Known
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX
Do they still make Naval Jelly?
Would a bath in a lye solution work? I've used it on cast iron pans to bring them back to life, but thinking it's probably for removal of grease not rust (as I'm typing I remember using vinegar bath to prevent the rust).
Carry on.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads