• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Sweeping compound, interesting. Kinda sounds like a thicker, woodier version of furniture polish ;)

The GC has a cleaning crew come in at completion, but of course we'll still have dust for months after. The biggest thing I've got to figure out is probably "sweeping" the walls in the entry. It's fairly high, about 25 feet to the ceiling (10 foot plate on both floors, and the entry has a bump up). The rest should be pretty easy to get.

The crew has been keeping the doors open, which creates a pressure differential between floors. Wife was battling keeping the plastic barrier for the 2nd floor in place. So tonight I cut a relief and stapled in a 12x12 filter to allow air to pass through. We'll see tomorrow if that helps.
    Target Sports

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Similar. Resin impregnated saw dust. Helps pick up more than just a broom can.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Sweeping compound, interesting. Kinda sounds like a thicker, woodier version of furniture polish ;)

The GC has a cleaning crew come in at completion, but of course we'll still have dust for months after. The biggest thing I've got to figure out is probably "sweeping" the walls in the entry. It's fairly high, about 25 feet to the ceiling (10 foot plate on both floors, and the entry has a bump up). The rest should be pretty easy to get.

The crew has been keeping the doors open, which creates a pressure differential between floors. Wife was battling keeping the plastic barrier for the 2nd floor in place. So tonight I cut a relief and stapled in a 12x12 filter to allow air to pass through. We'll see tomorrow if that helps.
    If you ever have to sand something like drywall, you'll remember sweeping compound.

It is amazing MY SELF how many uses I'm finding for saw dust after I filled a couple buckets with it from my chain saw mill.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've sanded plenty of drywall repair jobs, but those aren't a big deal to clean up. I've never done anything even the size of a single wall.

Crew should be finishing demo of the old floor today, they've been wetting the floor before sweeping the bulk, then vacuuming the rest.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    He's doing fine, sitting right next to me playing on his iPad being bored lol. He's been in VBS all this week which helps too.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    First rows of tile being laid ...

Tile.jpg

Top Bottom