Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Sig

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
The itch is there and I am probably buying a new pistol next weekend. I am looking at either a Kahr P9 or Sig 239, the sig has night sights and 3 mags, the Kahr has no nights and 2 mags, but a stainless slide and is oh-so-thin.....

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
So as of right now it is a tie... just curious as to the opinions of one over the other? Personal experiences with either?

garza1290

Feb 23, 2009
Texas
I chose a Kahr CW40 as my concealed carry pistol because of its dimentions. What sold me on the Kahr rather than the Glock 26/27 or a Sig was it's light weight and slim design. It's a carry and forget it's there pistol.

navyguy

TGT Addict
Oct 22, 2008
DFW Keller
A lot will have to do with which trigger action you prefer. The Sig will be either standard DA/SA or DAK. The Kahr is striker fired. If it were me, I'd get the Sig. I had a P239 SAS in 40/357 and regret selling it. The Sig is going to be heavier and a bit bigger than the Kahr, but easily carried unless you're forced into pocket carry, in which case neither of these would work well.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
I bought a new Sig 239 DA/SA in .40s&w a couple weeks ago. I've had a 229 .40/.357 for quite some time, and like it quite a bit, so I just blindly went with the 239 without much forethought. The more I handled the weapon at home, prior to shooting it, the more I regretted the purchase. I have relatively large hands, and it felt like I was holding a sledgehammer with a very short pencil for a handle. I really don't see where the 239 is going to be that much more concealable than the 229.

All that being said, I finally got around to running some rounds through it a couple days ago. It ate all of the FMJ range ammo and hollowpoints I fed it without so much as a hiccup, and was much more accurate than I am. The more I shot it, the more I liked it. I guess I'll give it a second chance.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member