Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The itch is there and I am probably buying a new pistol next weekend. I am looking at either a Kahr P9 or Sig 239, the sig has night sights and 3 mags, the Kahr has no nights and 2 mags, but a stainless slide and is oh-so-thin.....
    Venture Surplus ad

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    So as of right now it is a tie... just curious as to the opinions of one over the other? Personal experiences with either?

garza1290

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Texas
    I chose a Kahr CW40 as my concealed carry pistol because of its dimentions. What sold me on the Kahr rather than the Glock 26/27 or a Sig was it's light weight and slim design. It's a carry and forget it's there pistol.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    A lot will have to do with which trigger action you prefer. The Sig will be either standard DA/SA or DAK. The Kahr is striker fired. If it were me, I'd get the Sig. I had a P239 SAS in 40/357 and regret selling it. The Sig is going to be heavier and a bit bigger than the Kahr, but easily carried unless you're forced into pocket carry, in which case neither of these would work well.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I bought a new Sig 239 DA/SA in .40s&w a couple weeks ago. I've had a 229 .40/.357 for quite some time, and like it quite a bit, so I just blindly went with the 239 without much forethought. The more I handled the weapon at home, prior to shooting it, the more I regretted the purchase. I have relatively large hands, and it felt like I was holding a sledgehammer with a very short pencil for a handle. I really don't see where the 239 is going to be that much more concealable than the 229.

All that being said, I finally got around to running some rounds through it a couple days ago. It ate all of the FMJ range ammo and hollowpoints I fed it without so much as a hiccup, and was much more accurate than I am. The more I shot it, the more I liked it. I guess I'll give it a second chance.

Top Bottom