Join TexasGunTalk

Help me buy an IPad please

Discussion in 'Electronics & Video Games' started by vmax, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Grundy1133

Grundy1133 Born on a Monday Lifetime Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    IT security.... are you OSCP? I wanna become OSCP certified. right now i just piddle around with kali learning as much as i can. wanna take a few classes at the locoal college here. :) also on the topic of payment methods.... cryptocurrency for the win. its not 100% anonymous but it's very hard to track someone down if you do it properly. (not using the same key twice, using a cold storage wallet, etc)

2. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Hey if you want to fight about Google and apple selling information, start a a thread and fight all night

Davetex, TxStetson and Sam7sf like this.
  3. Grundy1133

Grundy1133 Born on a Monday Lifetime Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    nobody's fighting. just trying to keep people from spreading false information. :)

4. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    you had my country ass fooled...

Davetex and TxStetson like this.
  5. Brains

Brains TGT Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    I'll give you a little intro, you can do the research on your own based on how deep you personally feel like diving. I don't want to turn this into a total propeller-head thread ;)

"Android" is not an operating system, it's an operating environment sitting on top of the OS. A virtual machine if you will, where everything is hosted on a Linux OS but running (well, mostly) in Dalvik (pre 4.4) or the Android Runtime (4.4 to current). As such, all of your interactions with the device, every touch, every key press, every network packet, all input and output, are subject to the whims of Google. Or worse, anyone who can exploit any flaw in the platform. I don't care what level of encryption the device or your apps have, if you have access to the privilege level beneath the entire environment you own the fort. Period. Game over.

Sam7sf likes this.
  6. Sam7sf

Sam7sf Well-Known

Apr 13, 2018
    Tbd.
    I'm way behind but that's ok. I gave that up long ago. Good info.