Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    XD(M)! Can you argue with a 19+1 capacity? Don't think so...

Since the question of money was never discussed, I am going to give my 2 cents for what its worth. I love the Sig P226 in 9mm if you get one with the SRT trigger because regular factory Sig triggers are horrible, almost as bad as Glock factory triggers.

Huh? I've never met a Sig that I thought needed a better trigger (except the DAK; don't really like that one).

Ditto with Glocks. I prefer a single-action pull, but Glock's trigger is pretty light and very smooth. It's probably the best thing about the gun.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I guess to each his own. The reset on stock Sig and Glock triggers to me is too long. I am a 1911 guy. I bought a P226 the other day from a guy because it was a good deal. The trigger was horrible. I put a SRT in it and now I really like it. \m/

ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I bought a HK P30L yesterday and fired 100 rounds thru it this morning on my range in the woods...this is one hell of a gun! Yes it costs more but well worth it! After you play around with the different grip panels and back-straps you have a gun that is almost molded to your hands. I have the V3 DA/SA with de-cocker on the P30L and really like the trigger, especially the SA...I might convert it to V4 LEM one of these days so that I will have the same trigger on my P2000 and P30L.
    Oh, don't forget the Luminova sights that come on this gun; You can basically pick the brightness of the dots by charging them for a second or two with your white light. I love this gun!
    No Compromise.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Well I went to the gun store today and held a BUNCH of 9's ( been on a towboat for 30 days and just got home) and I bought the XDM9! Never been a fan of SA autos but MAN it just fit my hand so good and the trigger blew my mind! I will post pics of first range trip soon!

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I've shot next to a guy who hated the Storm... my lady had a PO7 and the weight was really nice and the feel was really clean and when it shot it shot amazingly well but that's just the thing... when she bought the gun it had no trigger spring and never shot right... sent it into their warehouse two months ago and haven't gotten it back yet... needless to say I probably won't be shooting CZ again...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sig, you are correct. To me, the standard reset on a Sig trigger is very long like the Glock. The SRT makes it a lot easier to stay on target.

Glock's reset is no where near what a Sig has. When I try to do rapid fire on Sigs and HKs, after owning my G19, I will short stroke the second shot because the reset is further than my Glock. I have to mentally tell myself to go forward with my finger further when shooting guns like that. The CZ has a long reset as well.

Fortunately most triggers aren't too hard to modify.

As long as you adhere to shooting principle, most triggers out there aren't going to cause inaccuracy. I've found that even with heavy triggers, adjusting your technique, namely putting more finger on the trigger, helps to keep the gun straight in the pull. Sigs have a nice SA trigger, it's just a hair more vague than I'd care for, and the reset is a mile long... if I had to nit pick.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Glock's reset is no where near what a Sig has. When I try to do rapid fire on Sigs and HKs, after owning my G19, I will short stroke the second shot because the reset is further than my Glock. I have to mentally tell myself to go forward with my finger further when shooting guns like that. The CZ has a long reset as well.

Fortunately most triggers aren't too hard to modify.

As long as you adhere to shooting principle, most triggers out there aren't going to cause inaccuracy. I've found that even with heavy triggers, adjusting your technique, namely putting more finger on the trigger, helps to keep the gun straight in the pull. Sigs have a nice SA trigger, it's just a hair more vague than I'd care for, and the reset is a mile long... if I had to nit pick.

I have gotten so used to shooting 1911's over the years, I guess I just became comfortable with the crisp break and the short reset. I have never been a big fan of polymer pistols. The Glock and the regular Sig triggers feel the same to me, but I dont shoot them much, so thats probably why. I skeptically tried a GP6 at the range one day and after 1 mag, went straight to the counter and bought one. Unbelievable. I hated the trigger on my P226 until I had the SRT installed, now I love it.

I agree with you on sound principles. But most people dont practice enough and I have personally witnessed an interesting occurance when I shoot with people who dont shoot much. They will come to the range with a Sig, M&P, Glock, XD, etc...and after shooting a bit and not being very accurate, I hand them one of my Kimbers or my GP6, they immediately shoot better. When I ask them what they think the difference is, most of them attribute to the difference in the trigger pull, not neccesarily the reset, but all the creep and overtravel, there is too much time between the time they start squeezing to the time it goes off for them to get off target.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I agree with you on sound principles. But most people dont practice enough and I have personally witnessed an interesting occurance when I shoot with people who dont shoot much. They will come to the range with a Sig, M&P, Glock, XD, etc...and after shooting a bit and not being very accurate, I hand them one of my Kimbers or my GP6, they immediately shoot better. When I ask them what they think the difference is, most of them attribute to the difference in the trigger pull, not neccesarily the reset, but all the creep and overtravel, there is too much time between the time they start squeezing to the time it goes off for them to get off target.

It might make them shoot better, but they as shooters, they are no better. It's akin to giving someone a Porsche GT3 to race in a Spec Miata series.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Well I just got back from the range with my XDM.:banghead: All I can say is I hope to HELL I was just having an off day!!!! The first 19 rounds I only hit the target TWICE!!!!! At the end of the day these are the last 2 targets I shot at 10 yards ( was afraid to get any farther away) put 200 rounds through her today and will be going back soon for more! God I hope I didn't choose the wrong gun! Never had a gun feel so right give me such a hard time getting on target.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    most accurate 9mm I've ever touched (and now own) is an older Sig P226. Hands down a tack driver. Big mag capacity.

I was also insanely accurate with a Glock 17 and 19. For a truck gun, nothing handles abuse like a Glock. I'd probably get a G19 for that application. (then stick a G17 mag in it if I wanted that capacity) plus G19 is a great carry weapon.

So, I'd probably choose a G19 for your needs listed.

Top Bottom