• ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Time to replace my Steyr M9A1...(sold)
    I am looking at two pistols, I carry concealed IWB mostly. I am trying to decide between a Sig P239 and a Glock 19, both brand new, both with factory night sights and both come with 3 mags. Due to current promos and benifits the price difference is about $150... the Sig has about 1/2 the mag capacity, and is actually a fraction larger... but I guess my question, for those who have shot both, is the Sig qulity that much better? Oh, and I can have the Sig in hand upon purchase, but haave to wait for the Glock to ship. (LE/Mil discount)

!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    The 239 is complete. The Glock still requires machining and finishing ;)
    If capacity is a concern, I would go with the Sig 229.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    I have owned both. I sold the Glock and kept the Sig even though it did have a smaller mag capacity. My thought is have a better gun since most shootouts (if that is why you are worried about mag capacity) is settled by the steadiest shot within the capacity of even a revolver.

If I could get another Sig like the one I have I would buy it immediately.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Been in a few "shootouts",and I am not overly concerned with capacity, I am more concerned with opinions on the pistols, I have heard negative things about Sigs finish, yet have also heard a few about Glocks sights... Do you carry your Sig on a regular basis? If so for how long, and how has the finish held up? What made the Sig a better gun in your opinion?

!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I don't know of any finish problems. My 228 is about 10 years old and is holding up well. Personally, the Glock just doesn't fit my hand, the Sig does.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    My Sig is about 12 years old and I carry in my vehicle or on my person most of the time. I have had no problems with the finish.

I do not like the sights on either pistol so I replaced them with Meprolites.

Let us know what you decide on.

Top Bottom