Guns International

Help? My application is processing, but we are moving tomorrow...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoggie96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    As I stated in the post title my application is "processing", but we are moving tomorrow.

I sent in my application in late January and received my PIN mid-February, but we have just purchased a new home and will be moving tomorrow. Should I just wait and see what happens or should I call TDPS and tell them the situation?

I am afraid to update them until I receive my license because I don't want to delay or, Heaven forbid, have to re-start the application process. However, I don't want to have any issues with the license not being forwarded to me by the USPS. I also don't know if the address change will show up in their investigation and throw up a "red flag".

Any advice?
    Lynx Defense

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I think there is still an email address on the site. They used to respond pretty quick. I'd email with the info and see what they suggest based on where it is in the process.

I should be close to be done at this point too. If you have your current mail forwarded you should be good to go, and just need to process a change of address.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I think there is still an email address on the site. They used to respond pretty quick. I'd email with the info and see what they suggest based on where it is in the process.

I should be close to be done at this point too. If you have your current mail forwarded you should be good to go, and just need to process a change of address.

If I'm not mistaken, your CHL and other official mailings will be marked "Do Not Forward", so you probably won't receive it through your post office mail forwarding.

I suggest you email DPS (include your name and driver license number) and explain the situation. They are most likely going to need to verify your address change, so changing your address on your Driver License would allow them to verify it quickly. You'll need to do that anyway.

hoggie96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Darn. The "DO NOT FORWARD" was what I was concerned about. ARRGGHHH!!!

Oh well. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday and be as sweet as I can and see what we need to do.

Thanks guys.

hoggie96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    UPDATE:

I called TDPS today and talked to someone in the CHL division. He asked me to FAX them my Application #, ID information, the old address, the new address and note on it "CHANGE OF ADDRESS WHILE APPLICATION IS PROCESSING".

He stated that as long as my application is still "processing" that they would change it and send it to the new address. No muss, no fuss, no problem. He told me it wouldn't even cause a delay in my application status. The best thing is that because the license hadn't been "issued" yet I won't have to pay the change of address fee.

Thanks everybody!

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    That's cool. I held off on sending mine in for two months because I was moving and didn't trust the USPS to forward it. Good thing too, I didn't know about the no forwarding thing. Mine is still processing.

Top Bottom