HELP! Need help on an estimate for a Rifle I plan on selling!

Discussion in 'Austin' started by d3rrickh, May 30, 2017.

1. d3rrickh

d3rrickh New Member

May 8, 2017
    Rifle: LRWRC M6IC 5.56, priced at $2-2,30

• [*]16" Barrel
      [*]Spiral Fluted 1 in 7-inch twist
      [*]Nicor Treated
      [*]Cold forged, hammer barrel
      [*]Collapsible buttstock
      [*]Aubee charging handle
      [*]Aubee Mag release/ bolt catch
    Red Sight: Trijicon MRO, priced at $493 on MidwayUSA
    Grip Pod System: AR-15 Vertical Forward Grip SAW, priced at $183 on
    Rifle Case: Pelican 1700, priced at $229 on MidwayUSA
    Stag Arms Lower Receiver:

Everything listed is brand new. The rifle case itself is in great shape and was purchased earlier this year.

Y'all are probably wondering why would I want to sell this bad boy but I could use the money. This was a gift from a family member last Xmas when I lived in California. I got the lower so I could put the Rifle into my name (cause Commifornia is weak!) so I just have an extra lower laying around. I am now an Austin native. I am hoping to at least get $2k for it. I never got around to shooting it so the thing is brand spanking new.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Market is down right now.

Search for listings similar to your rig. That will get you a little feel for asking price.

You can list high and hope to get a stupid buyer. It happens. Or you can list more realistically.
  3. wakal

wakal Dreadnaught Industries LLC

Mar 20, 2011
    If you came in my shop and tried to peddle it, I would offer no more than $1,200 complete. A little more on trade, but not much.

The optic is nice and why my hypothetical offer is so high. Those grip pod runs about $20/used (there were a ton of these turned in through military channels recently and they are close to worthless). Pelican cases too, $80 max if the foam is uncut. Stag lowers are worth what pretty much all used standard-grade lowers are running these days, $50-80.

Best of luck.

The AR market is very soft right now. LWRC is a higher-end company, but even the rabid fanboys know they are just not selling for much right now.
  4. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    And done.