• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Just picked a new P30 at the FFL Wednesday night and took it to the range for the first time this afternoon. I was loading 5 rounds to a mag and looking at my groupings. On virtually every 5 round mag, I had 1 to 3 FTE or FTF, mostly FTE! Of course, I immediately thought that there is something seriously wrong with the gun.

I had my wife and the USP9f along, so we swapped guns. I shot the USP without any problems and my wife shot the P30 without any failures whatsoever. (She also shot the USP fine.)

The problem is obviously me when combined with the P30, but I cannot figure out what I was doing wrong. Perhaps interfering with the slide by getting my thumbs too high on the frame? Anybody have any other ideas to check out?

FYI, also posted on HKPRO Forums
    Lynx Defense

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I cant say that I had as many issuesas you seem to be, but mine really liked 124gr ammo for about the first 200 or so. After than anything and everything went well. Best groupd were from 124gr ammo though. As far as FTE's, I did notice that mine really liked to be held tight... I mean white knuckles tight for best groups. The gun was quite snappy for a 9.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Since your wife runs it just fine then it must be you, as you said. Ask her to observe your shooting, maybe she can see what it is you are doing. My guess would be something in your grip, thumbs maybe rubbing the slide. Do you have large hands? Maybe a little tight and needs a break in?

Top Bottom