• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Well at the end of the day maybe I was the issue. Anyway thanks everyone for your help and advice.

I will find a place to finish what I started.
    Texas Gun Club in Stafford Texas. Thursdays at 5pm for range qualification.

texasgunclub.com

Only reason I held this back is location. But ... TGC will get you did. You'll need to bring your classroom completion cert, your revolver and 50 rounds. If you're gonna let your instructor hold your quals hostage too ... you can repeat the classroom training online through TGC. I have not seen their online course, but I know it went live recently.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Wait, Axe is an instructor too? :)
    street47_guns_and_popcorn.jpg

Attachments

• street47_guns_and_popcorn.jpg
      street47_guns_and_popcorn.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 645

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I understand what you are saying but I am a old man that don't like to engage in arguments or any controversy. For me is better leave the issue die and just move on.

Also the hand gun issue is his not mine
    Tinieblo, I apologize for getting aggravated and being rude toward you sir.
    I hope we haven't upset you, and I hope you're still with us.
    Please take what I say next from my heart - owning a firearm is a huge huge huge responsibility. Carrying one in public is a whole level greater in responsibility. It is imperative, as a gun owner, that you know your firearm inside and out. You mentioned that you're an older gentleman like me, so it's likely safe to assume that you may have young grandchildren in your home where your firearm is also... do you know enough about your firearm to keep it safe and locked away from kiddos?
    I urge you to do as your instructor advised and take the basic firearms training class. Do it for yourself and do it for everyone else too. Afterward, I suggest you get in touch of Hoji and start the whole LTC training course over with him. Then, after you're an official card-carrying gun toting citizen, frequent the range often to keep yourself proficient.

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    Tinieblo, I apologize for getting aggravated and being rude toward you sir.
    I hope we haven't upset you, and I hope you're still with us.
    Please take what I say next from my heart - owning a firearm is a huge huge huge responsibility. Carrying one in public is a whole level greater in responsibility. It is imperative, as a gun owner, that you know your firearm inside and out. You mentioned that you're an older gentleman like me, so it's likely safe to assume that you may have young grandchildren in your home where your firearm is also... do you know enough about your firearm to keep it safe and locked away from kiddos?
    I urge you to do as your instructor advised and take the basic firearms training class. Do it for yourself and do it for everyone else too. Afterward, I suggest you get in touch of Hoji and start the whole LTC training course over with him. Then, after you're an official card-carrying gun toting citizen, frequent the range often to keep yourself proficient.
    Thanks for your comments but there's no need to apologise I am not offended. I understand that you guys are very passionate about this. The reason why I ask for help is because for me it is also a great responsability and want to do it the right way. I am not old enough to have grandchildrens ( maybe I misrepresented myself unintentionally) but I am not in my twenties. I do have kids and their safety is my priority.

Also as I mentioned before the instructor refused to test other persons ( 5 including me ) without any assessment if we were capable or not. He just started the class by saying that he will not test persons with no hand gun experience. It was a last minute decision based on his experience with the previous group. I understand that he may have a reason for it but at least notify us the new requirement before people buy the class. Like I mentioned before, we were not at the range and there was no way to tell who was capable or not.

Again I really appreciate all comments and suggestions. I am happy I found this forum and as long I am welcome here I will continue posting and learning from you guys. Thanks again

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, let me be perfectly clear on this. Your LTC instructor is committing fraud if he fails to inform you of all costs up front and is now essentially holding you "hostage" as you've already paid the agreed upon price.

He needs to be reported, and you need to get a full refund and find someplace legitimate to get your license.

If he was an honest and upstanding instructor, would you hesitate to share his name? I doubt it, so the same rule applies to if he's ripping you off!

Get your money back, there are a lot of great LTC instructors in the Austin area you can get your license through!

Run, don't walk, away from this crook!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I understand what you are saying but I am a old man that don't like to engage in arguments or any controversy. For me is better leave the issue die and just move on.

Also the hand gun issue is his not mine
    You don't have to engage in arguments. Just let folks know who is the problem here.

You are selfishly thinking of only yourself. There are people here on this board who can help see that other folks are not treated as badly as you were. Think of those people.

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    You don't have to engage in arguments. Just let folks know who is the problem here.

You are selfishly thinking of only yourself. There are people here on this board who can help see that other folks are not treated as badly as you were. Think of those people.
    Maybe if I explain my reasons you guys can understand better why it is difficult for me to name the person.

Maybe you can tell by looking at my writing that I am not American. I am a American citizen but was born and grew up in another place. I moved to the States 2 years ago and basically I am a "foreigner". With a different cultural background and traditions as a foreigner is difficult to call out a person who know his country better than me.

Sorry maybe you don't understand me but there are reasons that hold me back.

I understand that I am at risk of people taking advantage of me or my good faith but I try to be very careful when I contract any service. In this case I trusted some friends that recommended this place.

I do want to apologise if I didn't explain the situation well. I tried my best.

Original I didn't wanted to explain the whole situation, but somebody mentioned that I should tell the whole story.

But I want to clarify that by no means I am looking something free or any gift. Also I have no "dark" intention.

I just wanted to complete my certificate and wanted some advice from people more knowledgeable than me.

Please rest assured that I have no other intention.

Hope this explanation help you guys understand better.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My friend, you're NOT a "foreigner". You're a new citizen that deserves to be treated with the same respect and consideration as the next person. You haven't been - and it's because of a less than ethical business man that will continue to take advantage of the unsuspecting. What if you hear later of a coworker or family member that is taken advantage of by the same person? Evil can only survive if it's able to stay under the cover of darkness.
    In the name of all you hold dear, I implore you to at least communicate this "instructor's" name to me. If you wish, I'll keep that name confidential, other than to reach out to contacts with both the NRA and DPS to have his credentials reviewed. What he did to you is actually illegal, and should be dealt with.

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    My friend, you're NOT a "foreigner". You're a new citizen that deserves to be treated with the same respect and consideration as the next person. You haven't been - and it's because of a less than ethical business man that will continue to take advantage of the unsuspecting. What if you hear later of a coworker or family member that is taken advantage of by the same person? Evil can only survive if it's able to stay under the cover of darkness.
    In the name of all you hold dear, I implore you to at least communicate this "instructor's" name to me. If you wish, I'll keep that name confidential, other than to reach out to contacts with both the NRA and DPS to have his credentials reviewed. What he did to you is actually illegal, and should be dealt with.
    Thanks for your words. I know it's the right thing to do. I will share the name with you. Not today but I promise I will. Just allow me to process the whole issue thanks again

Tinieblo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Austin
    Actually I am not a "new" citizen since I was born in Puerto Rico but I do consider myself a foreigner in some way. But again thanks for your words.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Actually I am not a "new" citizen since I was born in Puerto Rico but I do consider myself a foreigner in some way. But again thanks for your words.

That was my point - you're NOT a foreigner, and the actions of this "instructor" are reprehensible and indefensible. I understand you wanting to wait a bit - whenever you're ready.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Top Bottom