Join TexasGunTalk

Help with LTC shooting test

Discussion in 'Texas LTC / CHL' started by Tinieblo, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Spankyttt

Spankyttt New Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Montgomery County
    At a young age I was told "theres your story and then theres their story and the truth is somewhere in the middle"... We've heard one side of this story.

Basically, I could give two shits where your from or where you've been but I DO care that you can safely operate a firearm.... Sorry, but you should, at the VERY LEAST be required to safely operate your firearm BEFORE taking a LTC class.

When I took my LTC we started off at the range. Instructor stated "if your unable to pass the shooting portion there was no need to proceed with the remainder of the class".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank59 and Mills like this.
  2. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    There were some folks in my LTC class who failed the morning shooting portion of the class. The instructor allowed them to take the classroom portion. When the class was over he stayed late into the day and worked those people thru the shooting phase.

3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Your instructor was obviously a good guy.
    He had no obligation to do that except for that reason.

Seven7VII and Frank59 like this.
  4. Frank59

Frank59 NO MA'AM!! TGT Supporter

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    He’s also my gunsmith and shooting coach. He really is a good dude who cares about his students and customers.

busykngt and ZX9RCAM like this.
  5. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

The reason everyone is so determined to get his name is because he's committing fraud and will continue to do so unless stopped. It's not just you that is going to get burned by this guy. It's everyone who is unfortunate enough to cross his path. He will victimize person after person, some of who might not be able to afford his basic class or an alternative class. They'll just be stuck in a bad situation. I can understand not wanting to cause trouble, but this is one of those situations where it's really the right thing to do. I really hope you do tell us his name so that the proper authorities can be notified.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seven7VII and majormadmax like this.
  6. Spankyttt

Spankyttt New Member

Jun 7, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Fortunately, for all of us, there are some folk that go above and beyond.

I believe, MOST people associated with firearms are more than willing to assist, instruct or share their own knowledge if asked (I e. Freind or at range).

All I'm saying is the day you take your LTC is probably not the best day to figure out how a firearm operates..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seven7VII likes this.
  7. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Wheel Gun Nut TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Wouldn't have been a problem if the LTC instructor wasn't making up his own rules and not allowing the student to use a revolver.

8. Seven7VII

Seven7VII New Member

Tuesday
    Williamson County
    Hey buddy, you've gotten some great suggestions so far. Mine would be to just go Shoot Point Blank in your home city and get 'er done. After reading your story, I guarantee you'd be comfortable there.
    And yes, please name this guy, if not for any other reason than to let other folks know who not to do business with. This dude is trying to extort people.