• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXSRT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Hey yall! I'm new to the board and new to the world of Class III and SMG/SBR's. I have been doing some reading and looking around. For my first purchase I'm looking at a Mac or some sort. However, as many of you know, there are a number of choices when it comes to these. I found a Texas Mac for sale, its a 10A1. I think its semi though. Can anyone tell me how to find out if this is one of the early Texas Mac that was tack welded or if this is one of the later made texas macs from the buyout that is TIG welded? I would prefer a .45 or 9mm over the .380

Any recommendations from owners to a specific manufacturer? RPB? SWD? etc...

Is there any other good site to try and find out more info on these and which model, production years are the more desireable ones? Thanks in advance guys!
    Texas SOT

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Macpistol.com had some info but something happened to the website and the info is now very limited.I have a full auto Ingram Mac 10 that was willed to me and it is cool to shoot.Try uzitalk.com and enter the forum section.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    ?????

You mention you think the MAC may be semi? Is it an NFA registered item as either a 'Short barreld Rifle" or "machinegun"? from memory the M10 is able to be used in 9mm or 45 by changing the upper receiver.

TXSRT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Ok, well, I'm looking at buying it from a dealer in another state. He has MAC 10 and 11's available for sale. I'm looking at the 10. Its listed as a .45 SMG open bolt and he says that all MFA rules apply when it comes to sales. So I am assuming with this one, that it is indeed a real deal SMG.

Ducksps, the other one I referenced, the guy has mistitled. He had that is was and SMG and a semi in the same ad. When I asked about it he said it was a semi, so I ruled that out. Plus, these SMG's are available at a reasonable price compared to what I have seen with other similar guns.

One more question, as the seller doesn't list the maker, should I assume that these are Military Armament Co.'s? Or is it an Ingram? I'm having trouble getting the guy to reply to me.

With the new dealer I have found, he has in both 9mm and .45. Is one better or preferred over the other? I know that I will need to fill out transfer paperwork and pay the transfer fees, but am not exactly sure where I need to start. Can anyone send me some links to where I can find the forms to fill out so I can get the process going?

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    starting out

Regarding caliber choice in MAC 10's, that is up to you as you can buy a new upper reciever and change calibers when desired. I would start with a 9mm just for ammo cost but would likely have a 45 kit in the safe for grins ASAP.

The paperwork to start will be a form 4 that the seller will need to start and give to you if in the same state or send to a local class 3 SOT if coming from out of state.

You will need to figure if the gun will be purchased with a Trust, Corporation, or personally with an LEO sign-off.

TXSRT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks Ducksps. I have been reading up on this too and it seems like a corporation is the way to go. Especially since from what I've seen, there aren't any CLEO's that will sign in Houston at the moment. With a corporation you don't need this sign off correct? Would an LLC work as a corporation to put the gun under? I will do some research on the trust route, but am unfamiliar with that one and what it entails. Thanks for your help. As far as caliber, thank you for bringing up the point you did, 9mm ammo can definitely be had cheaper than .45 can. As far as getting the parts to switch to a .45, would I just need a .45 open bolt and .45 barrel? I have not seen any complete .45 upper for sale. If anyones knows a good soure, please let me know. Thanks guys

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    info

Parts for a Mac can be found at this link among other places;
    Cobray Company the Firearm Company that Made the 80's Roar

A caliber swap would be easier if yo do the complete upper and not just bolt, barrel and magazine.

The down side for a LLC/Corp is the yearly tax filing with the state. If you already have one of these entities it is no big deal. A trust is a one time setup and does not need to be visited again unless it is being amended.

Folks have been able to get non silencer NFA sighn-offs in Harris County but I do not have the specifics.

TXSRT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    My father has an LLC I could put it under and I am in the process of a starting a company that will end up being an LLC as well.

Can someone point me in the right direction for info on setting up a trust?
    Sounds like that might be an easier way to go for me.

I have a few buddies and customers in LE around town, so maybe I can find some help to get a sign off. Too bad TT lost re-election, I knew him personally.

Thanks again for all your help!

EDIT***
    Anyone know of any sources for full auto macs in TX? That way I only have to pay one transfer fee

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Why an M-10 instead of a M-11 9mm? Caliber?

There are more accessories available for the M-11.

Next question: Why the TExas MAC? I would reccomend an original M-10 or RPB overstamp gun.

The Texas MAC had some different FCG parts. What I don't know is whether the Texas Mac uses the same bolt and upper as the other macs.

You could check on uzitalk.com's MAC forum.

Next thing: What is the 1stthing you should buy other than mags? The LAge Slow fire upper. It is the BETTER Mousetrap.

ALso get the LAge Extended Safety and the thumb magazine release.

Lage MAX-11 Slowfire upper on M-11 9mm:
    M-11 Lage Slowfire SMG Video by AtomicLabRat - MySpace Video

Lage MAX-10 Slowfire upper on the M-10 .45acp

YouTube - 2008-1-6 MAX-10 at the Impact Zone

Here is my MAX-10 SFU and a MAX-11 SFU in use of hte Longview Subgun match last year:

2008-4-26 Subgun Match at ETRPC, Longview, TX Video by AtomicLabRat - MySpace Video

Top Bottom