• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I'm about to send off for one of these Egyptian military Beretta 92 clones/rip off? and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these pistols as far as quality of workmanship, and or metal, longevity, functioning, etc.. If not, does anyone want to hear a range report when I pick it up?
    Hurley's Gold

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    By all means let us know when you get a chance to shoot it. It's a typical Beretta design of the period. I actually owned one for about a year. It was imported from Egypt new by Interarms and I bought it at a going out of business sale at Sport Mart or Sports Town or something. Mine was never fired. It disappeared in one of those trades that are hard to remember.

Let us know what you think. I may even have a spare magazine around here someplace that I could send to you.

Good luck!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    WB5MHA, I would love to purchase a spare mag :)

It's the Beretta 1951 clone I believe. Beretta actually where the ones to import the machinery into Egypt and trained the initial personnel. They where never licensed under Beretta though.

When I pick it up I'll let you guys know what I think of it.... just keep in mind I got it for 175 shipped which is a little under what most milsurp pistols are going for these days. I'm not expecting to get anything really, but hoping it will be a solid shooter that can survive some field time.

wilded

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Texas
    The firearm is an exact copy of a Beretta Brigadier which has a single stack magazine of 8 rounds. It is a solid shooter but hard to charge and the trigger is rough. You will get your moneys worth. :)

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Good guns for the money.Though you may need to polish the feed ramp to make it more reliable.I had one that used to stovepipe when I first got it.Ended up being a simple and cheap fix.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Mac79912, thanks for the heads up. I'll only be feeding it standard load FMJ, hopefully it doesn't start stove-piping on me.. but if it does, I'll know how to fix now!

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Mac79912, thanks for the heads up. I'll only be feeding it standard load FMJ, hopefully it doesn't start stove-piping on me.. but if it does, I'll know how to fix now!

I found the spare magazine for you and it will be on the way once I locate a small padded envelope.

You are probably right about sticking with ball ammo. The earlier Beretta designs, like your Helwin, were designed for standard ball ammo. Whenever I look at an older Beretta pocket pistol I look for evidence that the owner had been disappointed by inability to feed sp or hp and took a Dremel tool to the feed ramp. You can remove metal but you can't put it back so many now rare collector pieces like the model 90 32 acp can be found, usually with altered feed characteristics; ie: it will never feed right again.

My guess is that the Helwin is the same. It was designed by Beretta to feed, shoot and eject standard factory 9mm Luger.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I found the spare magazine for you and it will be on the way once I locate a small padded envelope.

You are probably right about sticking with ball ammo. The earlier Beretta designs, like your Helwin, were designed for standard ball ammo. Whenever I look at an older Beretta pocket pistol I look for evidence that the owner had been disappointed by inability to feed sp or hp and took a Dremel tool to the feed ramp. You can remove metal but you can't put it back so many now rare collector pieces like the model 90 32 acp can be found, usually with altered feed characteristics; ie: it will never feed right again.

My guess is that the Helwin is the same. It was designed by Beretta to feed, shoot and eject standard factory 9mm Luger.

I've seen that with a lot of older model auto-loaders, really sad... this Helwan is going to be a working gun so I'm not to worried about defacing it, but I've seen some mistreated firearms that could have been great collectors pieces had someone just kept their bubba hands to themselves.

When you send that mag let me know what the amount is for postage, I'll send a Postal money order pronto.. and if you have to buy an envelope let me know, I'll pay you back for that as well. Again, thanks, it's appreciated very much!

Top Bottom