Gun Zone Deals

Hennessey C7 Corvette Runs 200 MPH on Houston's new Grand Parkway.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Meh, my friends UGR lambo gallardo, now that's a truly impressive machine

1500+hp

His Ford GT w/ 2x turbos, supercharged and nitrous ran 226 at the Texas mile

sent from my phone far far away, still monitored by NSA

Ah, friends with the Mullet man eh? Those UGR cars are beasts.
    Guns International

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I remember the first TX mile I went to the first car I saw run down the mile was a UGR Gallardo, and I can tell you my jaw was on the floor. I really need to make it out to a TX2k event at some point.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I remember the first TX mile I went to the first car I saw run down the mile was a UGR Gallardo, and I can tell you my jaw was on the floor. I really need to make it out to a TX2k event at some point.

My jaw was pinned to the back of the seat.. lol

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    A decade ago he subtly changed the business name a few times, shifted ownership, etc. because of basically going under. Robbing Peter to pay Paul kind of stuff, where he'd sell parts of one guy's car to fund another or take my money to build your car, etc. Basic poor management skills. There was one well publicized case of a guy stopping by unannounced to find a lot of high dollar parts missing from his car, and there being a 'heated discussion' over it. I don't think John ever intentionally wanted to hurt people, he just got himself into sticky financial situations he just didn't know how to get out of. Not sure if he ever made those customers whole or if they lost money, I didn't follow it that closely.

In recent years, he seems to be doing much better. Not sure if he's got someone else managing the business or what, but they seem to be turning out good work at a steady pace now. IMHO there's better shops to send work to, but I may be biased because of friendships :)

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    A decade ago he subtly changed the business name a few times, shifted ownership, etc. because of basically going under. Robbing Peter to pay Paul kind of stuff, where he'd sell parts of one guy's car to fund another or take my money to build your car, etc. Basic poor management skills. There was one well publicized case of a guy stopping by unannounced to find a lot of high dollar parts missing from his car, and there being a 'heated discussion' over it. I don't think John ever intentionally wanted to hurt people, he just got himself into sticky financial situations he just didn't know how to get out of. Not sure if he ever made those customers whole or if they lost money, I didn't follow it that closely.

In recent years, he seems to be doing much better. Not sure if he's got someone else managing the business or what, but they seem to be turning out good work at a steady pace now. IMHO there's better shops to send work to, but I may be biased because of friendships :)

I will second this opinion. I'm a big fan of 510 race engineering...

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Mullet has vid (on YouTube) running faster then Hennesey on that neck of the frwy

Fyi, this weekend is the running of y2k14, I'd recommend staying off of I10 near Katy or 99 north of there, late , most of this week

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    a friend of mine has vid (on YouTube) running 225+ on that neck of the frwy

Fyi, this weekend is the running of y2k14, I'd recommend staying off of I10 near Katy or 99 north of there, late , most of this week

Yuppp lol. There are gunna be 2000whp cars out running in packs. Gunna get pretty interesting

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Hey guys, just an fyi, the street racing starts tonight. Be careful out on the road. Lotta high hp cars gunna be out there

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom