• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Exactly.

Many years ago when I took my USA Cycling Official's class the instructing National Commissare told us: "the rules are black and white, but the racing always takes place in the grey area between the rules".

It was a good lesson that has served me very well.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Same thing in Swimming and Triathlon.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Another part that I find strange, that I read the family of Taylor already settled out of court with the city for $12 million dollars. If that is true, why did they settle? Did they think the officers did wrong or acted wrong?

Is it a cover-up for those officers? Is it hush money for the family?

Did anyone else read about that, and can anyone offer some insight into this?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Another part that I find strange, that I read the family of Taylor already settled out of court with the city for $12 million dollars. If that is true, why did they settle? Did they think the officers did wrong or acted wrong?

Is it a cover-up for those officers? Is it hush money for the family?

Did anyone else read about that, and can anyone offer some insight into this?

well because 12 million buys a lot of justice ;) especially when your lawyer tells you the cops did nothing wrong in the death of your kid take what you can get before the grand jury comes back with a verdict.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    I guess I don't....what happens to Glocks after 4 rounds ?

When you have been here a bit longer and read a bit more posts, you'll find out. Ongoing discussion of glocks and 1911s. Don't ask about which round is better nor inquire about a Bill of Sale. You have been warned!!! :popcorn: This message will self destruct in......:grenade: I was not here....we did not talk.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    When you have been here a bit longer and read a bit more posts, you'll find out. Ongoing discussion of glocks and 1911s. Don't ask about which round is better nor inquire about a Bill of Sale. You have been warned!!! :popcorn: This message will self destruct in......:grenade: I was not here....we did not talk.
    I've seen the bill of sale comments but don't know what that's about, don't really care, and don't have an opinion on it.

But I do have opinions on Glocks and 1911's. What is that discussion about ?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I've seen the bill of sale comments but don't know what that's about, don't really care, and don't have an opinion on it.

But I do have opinions on Glocks and 1911's. What is that discussion about ?

you need to start a new thread on it as there are very few on texasguntalk.

Don't worry it will get to 25 pages by the end of the day.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Well my first guess would be the ones quoted.

If you do both in the same post it will just hit 25 pages faster than if you post them separate.
    I think I'll just pass on them both. Sounds too complicated and I'm really not that interested. But thanks for the suggestions.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's interesting to see the sentiment of "If someone breaks into my house, I'm shooting back!" turn into "If Breonnas boyfriend hadn't shot at the cops, they wouldn't have killed her". No knock raids have been a highly controversial topic for many years now due to situations just like this.

I find myself torn between supporting my local LEO, but also not agreeing at all with no knock warrants, or harassing households at midnight. I tend to be more on the side of I support my local LEO, but if you're gonna suit up and raid someone's house, then you should be ready for what's potentially on the other side of that door. Fair is fair. You can't honestly expect to be able to go into a house and get away with injuring or killing someone, but not be willing to take some hits of your own. If the police can claim self defense during a raid, then the occupants should have a right to self defense from being killed or injured by the police. If that's just too much for you to handle, then maybe you shouldn't be going through that door.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's interesting to see the sentiment of "If someone breaks into my house, I'm shooting back!" turn into "If Breonnas boyfriend hadn't shot at the cops, they wouldn't have killed her". No knock raids have been a highly controversial topic for many years now due to situations just like this.

I find myself torn between supporting my local LEO, but also not agreeing at all with no knock warrants, or harassing households at midnight. I tend to be more on the side of I support my local LEO, but if you're gonna suit up and raid someone's house, then you should be ready for what's potentially on the other side of that door. Fair is fair. You can't honestly expect to be able to go into a house and get away with injuring or killing someone, but not be willing to take some hits of your own. If the police can claim self defense during a raid, then the occupants should have a right to self defense from being killed or injured by the police. If that's just too much for you to handle, then maybe you shouldn't be going through that door.

Or choose a different career path in life!

I understand the reasoning behind "no-knock" warrants. And if they were performed in a manner that only criminals were the injured parties, I might even be cool with them. But more than a few times, there have been innocent people shot, injured and killed because of faulty or deceptive information, or the officers just got the wrong address. That is unacceptable.

Then to make matters worse, in most cases, the officers are never held accountable, or the cities insurance pays for the lawsuits. That's also unacceptable.

IMO, until there is oversight, and accountability for those officers involved in being held criminally responsible for any injuries or deaths, there is no way I can ever support any "no-knock" warrants being used against anyone.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And even though it was a no knock a neighbor said they did knock and announce.

I think a no knock being delivered to my house is less chance than me being killed from China Virus

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    And even though it was a no knock a neighbor said they did knock and announce.

I think a no knock being delivered to my house is less chance than me being killed from China Virus
    While there is a pretty minimal chance of a raid being conducted on your house due to your actions, there have been times when they've been done on innocent peoples' houses due to the wrong info being put on the warrant.

It's too bad they can't access the house drain pipe via the clean out port, insert a screen, put a few officers around the house, and then go ring the doorbell like normal people.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    While there is a pretty minimal chance of a raid being conducted on your house due to your actions, there have been times when they've been done on innocent peoples' houses due to the wrong info being put on the warrant.

It's too bad they can't access the house drain pipe via the clean out port, insert a screen, put a few officers around the house, and then go ring the doorbell like normal people.

I almost edited my post to add something very similar.
    The Houston raid which was wrong last year, for example.

Top Bottom