• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    While there is a pretty minimal chance of a raid being conducted on your house due to your actions, there have been times when they've been done on innocent peoples' houses due to the wrong info being put on the warrant.

It's too bad they can't access the house drain pipe via the clean out port, insert a screen, put a few officers around the house, and then go ring the doorbell like normal people.

And the drug dealers would toss it all in a trash can and burn it before they answered the door.

Or the child molester would smash his hard drives with a hammer before

or .......

Screw the bad guys they don't want to play by the rules
    DK Firearms

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I had you tagged in that too, Cam. I'm not sure why it didn't include you. I absolutely agree with the thought of keep your nose clean and you shouldn't have to worry about any of this, but unfortunately that's just not the world we're living in.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And the drug dealers would toss it all in a trash can and burn it before they answered the door.

Or the child molester would smash his hard drives with a hammer before

or .......

Screw the bad guys they don't want to play by the rules

Shady, I do understand the reasoning behind the warrants, to preserve evidence. But no human life is worth any amount of evidence being secured. Especially innocent people.

Criminals are going to at some point screw up again, and get caught.

And I see where you are coming from, and I do agree to a point. If it was only the bad guys paying the price, yes, I can agree 100%, but too many innocent people end up getting hurt.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Shady, I do understand the reasoning behind the warrants, to preserve evidence. But no human life is worth any amount of evidence being secured. Especially innocent people.

Criminals are going to at some point screw up again, and get caught.

And I see where you are coming from, and I do agree to a point. If it was only the bad guys paying the price, yes, I can agree 100%, but too many innocent people end up getting hurt.

I get both sides of the issue.

But does letting the criminal run amuck till he screws up again cause more damage than the innocent people who get hurt from a no knock on the wrong house. I have no sympathy for anyone who is hurt on a warrant being delivered to the correct place.

I do not know the numbers or statistics of the good guys hurt but I am guessing its a lot like the numbers of unarmed innocent black people killed by the police each year. Its to many but its not enough to change police tactics.

Its ok to disagree on a subject I do that with a lot of people lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I get both sides of the issue.

But does letting the criminal run amuck till he screws up again cause more damage than the innocent people who get hurt from a no knock on the wrong house. I have no sympathy for anyone who is hurt on a warrant being delivered to the correct place.

I do not know the numbers or statistics of the good guys hurt but I am guessing its a lot like the numbers of unarmed innocent black people killed by the police each year. Its to many but its not enough to change police tactics.

Its ok to disagree on a subject I do that with a lot of people lol
    I kind of see it this way. If the price we end up paying, are innocent people and bystanders being injured or hurt because LE is trying to capture criminals, worth that cost?

Trust me, I don't want them running amuck either.

Honestly Shady, I don't think we are that far apart on this issue.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I kind of see it this way. If the price we end up paying, are innocent people and bystanders being injured or hurt because LE is trying to capture criminals, worth that cost?

Trust me, I don't want them running amuck either.

Honestly Shady, I don't think we are that far apart on this issue.
    There's been an almost unspoken accepted consensus that the bad guys LE is storming in on isn't hurting people, that his/her continued freedom to conduct illegal activities is a victimless event - it's not. They, LE, is not doing what they're doing on a failure to pay a parking ticket. Similar to high speed chases. Is it worth it? It is until things turn to shit.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    There's been an almost unspoken accepted consensus that the bad guys LE is storming in on isn't hurting people, that his/her continued freedom to conduct illegal activities is a victimless event - it's not. They, LE, is not doing what they're doing on a failure to pay a parking ticket. Similar to high speed chases. Is it worth it? It is until things turn to shit.

I know a lot of people like to term some crime as victimless. Frankly, IMO, that BS. Crime is crime. Some may seem to be victimless, but either directly, or indirectly, there are victims.

The dopehead buying drugs is probably stealing or robbing someone to support his habit, or pimping out underage girls.

I do think there has to be a balance, in order to catch the criminals, but safeguard the public at the same time.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I know a lot of people like to term some crime as victimless. Frankly, IMO, that BS. Crime is crime. Some may seem to be victimless, but either directly, or indirectly, there are victims.
    If my uncle has an MP-40 he paid the iron price for, and it has been sitting in a glass case in his library since 1945, that is half-dozen felonies.

Please tell me who the victim is from this horrible crime

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If my uncle has an MP-40 he paid the iron price for, and it has been sitting in a glass case in his library since 1945, that is half-dozen felonies.

IF he does, why didn't he register in 1986, and then it would have been legal for him to own?

Whether I, or you agree with the laws is irrelevant. We still have to abide ny them just the same.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

I was very specific when I mentioned "... not a victimless crime..." Axxe55 isolated his victimless crime to "...some crimes..." No one has stated there are no victimless crimes committed.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty?

Let's face it, we are all guilty of something...whether you know it or not. In 2010 alone the US saw over 40,000 NEW laws (city, state, federal, and territorial)*. According to lawyer Harvey Silverglate, the average American commits 3 felonies a day* (I thought I heard Alan Dershowitz say something similar).

America may say "Innocent until proven guilty", but it seems we live in an age of an over-reaching government that has taken on former Deputy Premier Lavrentiy Beria's quote to Stalin: "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime." * (* all sources from the internet)

You may be innocent, but the government can make that innocence costly. Just ask Marvin Heemeyer

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom