TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    3 more

He was checking you out, but didn't want his friends to know
    He was too shy to ask you out, so he sent the girl
    He thought you were out of his league, but wanted to say goodbye so you'd notice him

Why else would a grown man eyeball another man who was doing nothing outside of minding his own business? Is there a no standing law I should know about?
    Gun Zone Deals

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The cop should have minded his own damn business... I don't see why anyone would have cause for concern about anything that happened. Now if all of them requested separate tables, cased the bathrooms, and all exits maybe there should have been cause for alarm.

You have no idea what you are rambling about.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    3 more

He was checking you out, but didn't want his friends to know
    He was too shy to ask you out, so he sent the girl
    He thought you were out of his league, but wanted to say goodbye so you'd notice him

Why else would a grown man eyeball another man who was doing nothing outside of minding his own business? Is there a no standing law I should know about?

Another one who knows not of what he writes.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Outside of being there myself I could not read much into the "extra notice" you received. I am not a LEO, but if you had been standing during a meal it would have caught my attention as well.

Just curious what were ya'll hunting, I do not hunt therefore I have no clue as to "whats in season"

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    LOL... Jason I bet the police have your house on constant surveillance. ;)

No, they take a dount break around 8am, taco break around 10am, lunch from 12 to 14, afternoon snack around 16, shift change at 17:30, etc...

;)

You have no idea what you are rambling about.

Perhaps, but I have already been on the wrong side of lying cops that when there are five of them and you have no witnesses it doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. I guess lying on a police report is ok if you're the one writing it...

I've still called them for suspicious vehicles and such since, but I get scared when I see them and I wasn't the one that called them...

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I don't really have an opinion either way on this. I have had officers give me interesting looks afterhours at places like this before.

As far as that officer hanging around it is possible I suppose that he was working a Moonlighting gig as "Security" there. I have a bunch of friends in RRPD and APD who do that. A lot at IHOP's and stuff like Jim's.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nice breakfast at Jim's? Head on over to the Magnolia Pancake House, you'll never eat the crap Jim's gives you again. Great food, great service, and no annoying 30.06 signs.

Haven't seen any 30.06 signs at the local Jim's. I'll keep an eye out next time.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What to me, might tell a little different story is the fact that you said they spoke to you on the way out and you were the only one that responded, and it was what sounds like an evasive "allright".

You/we know LEO's put up with a lot of crap and have a lot of harmless crap to sort through everyday in an effort to uncover the real crap. Once you felt they were checking you out and the waitress asked you about standing up, another way to handle it might have been to act overly jovial and friendly and if you suspected the LEO's put her up to it, chuckle and ask if they seemed concerned and acknoledged them directly in the same jovial and friendly way. They might have taken a whole other turn if a friendly face and voice came to reassure them you're unusual behavior was for a good reason.

We're all guilty of expecting too much from LEO's when sometimes, we could actually help put their concerns to rest with a reassuring and friendly interaction.

But this of course is just an idea based on what little we know from rewading about it. If it offended you that much, so much that you started a thread about it, any reasonable person would wonder how you felt and responded at the time.

Evasive = suspicous.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Another way to look at evasive is "keep your nose out of my business." Some people just want to be left alone.

Are you saying LEO's should "keep there nose out of your business"?

So the role LE is just to clean up the mess after crimes are committed?

I'm sure there are plenty of gang bangers, burglars, car jackers, serial rapists, folks committing ID theft, aggravated crimes, auto theft (the list goes on and on) that would agree with you, and they're like to be left alone.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Yes and yes. If you feel the need to stare, bully, or intimidate, go get you head examined. If you are not aware enough, slick enough, or smart enough to observe without being an outright jerk, you probably don't need to be walking around with a gun and a badge.

This is still the United States of America. Least til the fear mongering LE types and Obama types are given the green light to take over.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Should probably just keep out of it but..... I don't like LEO's, at all. I have yet to "meet" one who wasn't full of himself. Many of them I've had dealings with are on a power trip, and are sure to let you know it. This is not just APD, BCSD or other local agencys. But FBI, CID, IRS and the like... Just that whole "I'm better than you attitude" and like some of the posts here, "another one who doesn't know $h!t" If this offends any of the LEO's who might be on this forum, sorry.....I've been dealing with these type of people for 30+ years in many states and forgin countrys. All the same. There are a few good ones out there, but from what I see, harder to find. MG

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    What to me, might tell a little different story is the fact that you said they spoke to you on the way out and you were the only one that responded, and it was what sounds like an evasive "allright".

We're all guilty of expecting too much from LEO's when sometimes, we could actually help put their concerns to rest with a reassuring and friendly interaction.

Evasive = suspicous.

I was dog tired, and I'm not the kind of person to put on a wig and dance for a cop just because he's suspicious.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Should probably just keep out of it but..... I don't like LEO's, at all. I have yet to "meet" one who wasn't full of himself. Many of them I've had dealings with are on a power trip, and are sure to let you know it. This is not just APD, BCSD or other local agencys. But FBI, CID, IRS and the like... Just that whole "I'm better than you attitude" and like some of the posts here, "another one who doesn't know $h!t" If this offends any of the LEO's who might be on this forum, sorry.....I've been dealing with these type of people for 30+ years in many states and forgin countrys. All the same. There are a few good ones out there, but from what I see, harder to find. MG

I've actually dealt with a number of Wilco and APD cops that were very down to Earth and the honest good guys. There are so many of each breed in police forces, just like in any job. I will say the uniform, badge, and gun will turn a mouse into a lion for many people.

TXInvestigator is Johnny-on-the-Spot with the laws and regulations so he's pretty well versed in that. I just think he took the trolling posts a bit too seriously.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

So the role LE is just to clean up the mess after crimes are committed?

I'm sure there are plenty of gang bangers, burglars, car jackers, serial rapists, folks committing ID theft, aggravated crimes, auto theft (the list goes on and on) that would agree with you, and they're like to be left alone.

Yep. That's what probable cause and warrants are for. Nosing around innocent and honest citizens? Not their job.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Well, good luck to some of you guys. Some of you have a typical cocky attitude of some "20 somethings" that have everything figured out, so you're gonna need it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, good luck to some of you guys. Some of you have a typical cocky attitude of some "20 somethings" that have everything figured out, so you're gonna need it.

I hope you're not referring to me. If you are, I'm evidently 10 years behind the curve, and hanging out with someone 20 years behind it.

The rights of law-abiding citizens must always come first with any and all government employees. Always.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

"Be a good little subject" is what I read from this. I too am 20 years behind the curve on the cocky 20 something demographic.

I used to get eye f#$%ed fairly regularly by PD{ still do sometimes, depends on where I am} and when it happens I turn it on them by walking up to their table and asking if there is anything I can do for them They LOVE this. Do it in a way that it draws attention to them, and the fact that they are being rude, and you will find your self pulled over for "equipment violations" after you eat.

When this happens they will sometimes try to flex and go fishing. At this point I will decline their fishing trip and tell them no, you may not search my car. Most are polite when you do this, but some will threaten you with getting a warrant I simply tell them to go ahead.

I get a lot of LEOs in my security classes and pretty much all of them do not think a whole lot of the 4th Amendment. I do not think they are this way because thay hate the Constitution, but rather they have never had any other perspective on it. I had a LEO state that "all the 4th does is protect criminals" I pointed out that it protects all citizens , and hopefully he came away from it with a better POV.

I do not hate cops. My dad was an Alabama State Trooper. I have LEO friends{ local, .mil,and fed} But I will call them as I see them.

Top Bottom