• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you agree most with?

• TAX ME BABY! I cant WAIT to register my guns and get my license to show I'm a GOOD citizen!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fist off, let's stay away from political identification. I am not a libertarian and this has nothing to do with values that fall in line with either ideology. This is about principle, plain and simple, agree or disagree.

I was dicking around on the youtubes earlier and came across a video where this "sovereign citizen" successfully argued his way out of a ticket for not having a driver's license. Full disclosure, I am not for nor against these arguments, because I am not educated enough on the whole matter. However, I am intrigued by the success some of these folks have, and so I researched it.

I came across this article, written to show the courts arguments and verdicts.
    https://pseudolaw.com/right-to-travel-united-states

While reading this, my mind drifted away from anything about cars, travel, and roads, to gun control and being fucked. These same arguments that successfully made it law to have to have a license to travel in a car, I believe, will also be successful in making us need a license to own firearms and registering them.

I know, I know... "but being armed is a civil right". Yea, but if they can successfully impose red flag laws, what makes you think these same arguments wont be used, state by state, to regulate guns into registration? These people DO NOT CARE about what the constitution says.

Again, I am no legal wizard but maybe someone can successfully argue that we have a constitutional right to drive a car without a license and/or registration, and maybe not. What I care about is the principle used to make the argument, and that principle seems to be that cars are DANGEROUS. THAT is what will be the motor behind which they argue registration and licensing for firearms. Obviously it's already used today, but I believe as conservatives lose ground and we supposedly lose election after election based on demographics alone, guns will go the way of cars.

And this is why we have to stand on principle and common sense. Should a 12 year old drive to school? NO... Should a 16 year old drive to the mall? Probably not. On things like this, we set an age for when we think these things can be done responsibly and we leave it the hell alone. I truly believe everything else will work itself out. If a 16 year old is driving and gets pulled over for acting dumb on the roads, then it will be found out that he is 16 and disciplinary actions will be handed down.

So, the next time some gun control **** tells me "we have licenses and registration for cars!", I'm no longer going to say, "that's different", or "that's not a constitutional right"... Instead, I will respond with "well other than being armed being a civil right, we shouldn't need a license to drive and sure as hell shouldn't have to register our property."

I understand this can lead to other avenues in the debate, but we need to take a FUNDAMENTAL stand. We can't have it both ways. We can't argue, "well cars kill more people than guns do" but then turn around and say "well guns are a constitutional right". They are either the same, or they aren't. We live in America. A place where our property is our property is our property and we shouldn't be taxed or fined to use it or own it.

If we keep arguing these slippery slope arguments, it won't matter who will win because we are all, leftist or conservative, sliding down this stupid slope together and NOBODY will like where we land.

Let's instead argue the fundamental principles that our nation was founded on. "You shouldn't need to register your car and have a license to drive it, and I should not have those same regulations imposed on my ownership and use of a firearm".

God bless.

PS Keep in mind, if your argument has ANYTHING to do with "cars are used on public roads", well we take our guns in our cars and carry them in public places. PRINCIPLE.
    ARJ Defense ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, ALL your rights are delineated in the Bill of Rights?

Not mine. I'm a man. I have a right to drive. The Constitution does list SOME of my God-given rights...

You can drive an unregistered car as much as you want without a license. Just have to keep it on your property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The 2nd amendment is supposed to be an inalienable right. There is no right to drive a car.[/b]

Of course there is. Per the constitution, it's reserved to the states or the people of the states.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Sounds like pretty much exactly what I said.

Except constitutionally, rightspowers

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    You can drive an unregistered car as much as you want without a license. Just have to keep it on your property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See? I get that argument, but principally, and with all due respect, that is also the argument for gun control. "You can keep and bear arms as much as you want, just have to keep them on your property."

That's my point.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Good grief....OP, your bias and leaning is clearly showing.

What does this mean, "They are different. Firearms are protected. I've no problem with obtaining L&R to use drive."

Retarded thread is retarded

How so? Explain. How ham I bias? I don't agree with these "sovereign citizens but I also don't know enough about the crap they spew to cops. However, it seems to me, the gun control argument is the same as the cars need to be registered and liscensed argument. If you disagree... Hurray to you. Contextually, "L&R" seems clear to me. You'll figure it out.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    The power to license/regulate is a power.

Exactly. I agree with laws and rules. I shouldn't be able to drive my car through someone's yard to get to work faster. I agree with most of the rules of the road. They're logical to me. What I don't agree with, is that I should have to pay and obtain a license, TO USE my car on a public road.

NOW, I used to not care about that or even think of it much, but PRINCIPALLY, if they can make me do that for cars, why not my guns? Just because it's in the bill of rights? Give me a break. The same people who don't care about your UNlisted rights, are the same ones who don't care about your LISTED rights.

It's sad we have to look at the constitution and go "oh... well that's not in there... OH THAT ONE IS! Uhhhh guys it doesn't say I have the right to ______". It's ridiculous.

So this leads to me questioning, what is the point of needing a license and registration. The conclusion? Well, if you agree we need a license to PROVE that we know how to operate a car, well, then where does it stop?

Anyway, I am ranting. I need to look more into the purpose behind license and registration of cars.

This is all a thought thread. Let's keep the emotions out of it.

Top Bottom